xxvi. splash zone

✰ ✰ ✰

the pogues drove around all figure eight looking around for places to get into trouble, they ended up just laying on the beach. kie was doing cartwheels on the shore where the tide would come and she'd flick water towards the sky. pope was holding shells and skipping them into the ocean. sarah and john b sat in a beach chair sarah sitting on john b's lap. jj and sloane laid on the sand as sloane ran her fingers through jj's hair.

"what if your plan didn't work?" jj said looking at john b.

"well pope suggested we throw you both in the ocean and see who survives and then you wouldn't have to worry about getting back together." john b said looking at pope.

"jesus pope, you morbid freak." sloane said looking at him.

"i mean it would've solved the problem, would it not?" pope said throwing the shell. they all looked at each other confused.

"so did you guys have makeup sex in 'the wreck'?" john b asked the couple who was looking at the sky. they both looked at each other knowing what had happened last night.

"i don't hook up and tell," sloane said giggling at the couple next to them.

"oh you guys totally did," sarah said looking at the hickeys on sloane's neck.

"ew guys really, in my dad's restaurant?" kie asked looking disgusted at the couple.

"no for fuck's sake we didn't hook up." jj said sitting up with sloane in his arms.

"sloane's neck says different," sarah said smirking at sloane.

sloane grabbed her phone and pulled out the camera looking at the bruises planted across her neck. "jj!" she said smacking his chest.

"hey that's what you were screaming last night too." jj said smirking at sloane

"JJ MAYBANK!" she said screaming at him louder and hitting him everywhere.

"you'll be screaming that tonight too, ms. parker." he said whispering in her ear. she pushed him off of her and walked towards the water.

"uh oh jj's in troubleeeee" sarah said looking at sloane who was staring out into the horizon.

"be right back." jj said walking towards sloane.

"are you actually mad at me?" jj said walking to stand next to sloane.

"no." she turned towards him as she grabbed his hair and pulled him towards her as she kissed him softly. he pulled away and looked into her eyes. she pushed him toward the water as he lost his balance and fell back in the water.

"oh i will kill you." jj said standing out of the water and running towards her.

"no jj! you're wet!" she said screaming and running away from him. as he reached her, he picked her up and spun her around. "jj stop!" she said giggling. the girl ran towards sarah and kie and grabbed their arms and brought them to the water.

"sloane! i don't wanna get wet," sarah screamed trying to resist.

"come on sar, live a little." john b said running into the water and immediately diving in. the boys were all in the water as the girls reached the shore sloane and kie jumped in splashing each of the boys. sarah finally came in only complaining about it being cold.

"don't splash me!" sarah yelled as john b splashed her. they all looked at john b and started splashing sarah. this moment made everything they'd gone through worth it they were alive right . jj swam over to sloane and wrapped her body around him.

"i love you," he said looking into her dark blue eyes.

"i love you more."

✰ ✰ ✰

A/N!
(623)

hi bubs
5k reads holy shit
250+ votes
almost 100 comments
i love you all
hope y'all enjoy this cuteness

xoxo lil