Chapter 1

Amore, Italian for love, where their love began

My time, Maes time to walk the carpet, to follow the screams of my name, to pose for flashing lights, to attempt to get out of the car Princess Diana style with a purse to my chest.

'MET gala. The Costume Institute Gala or the Costume Institute Benefit and also known as the Met Ball, is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York City. And this year it was my turn to go.'

I was invited to the Met gala through the association of my new movie, Oxford, the movie is about a Princess who falls for the slum, the kitchen boy who saved her life, pretty typical titanic Jack and Rose love story. I was the Princess who fell for the caramel skin and blonde hair. So, I had put on a fair share of ball gowns and dresses, however to then take them immediately off when the director calls cut. The Met was my reality, my dress is custom Alexander Wang, a silk light candy floss pink with a sweetheart neckline and a slit up to the pant. Paired with diamond earrings and a fine elegant bracelet that Hugo had bought for me a few months prior. Hugo Main is my other half, my rock. Hugo Is also an actor and model who has had some intense movies and major screen time. Once his movies had been released, as many other girls I felt instant attraction and lust towards all of his characters he played and of course himself. A few months later me and Hugo happened. We met on a Wednesday in Italy in Lake Garda, Hugo was shooting for Dolce and Gabbana, I obviously recognised him straight the way, however I pla seemed to gravitate to me as I acted as if 'didn't know who he was' This then led to us going on a small boat around the lake after the shoot and somehow we told each other the blueprints to our souls until the sun went down. And just like that the rest is history.

Hugo and I thought it would be best and safest for our careers if we kept our romance secret until we had finished our movies. "Mae, I want to hold your hand in front of crowds , I want to spin you round on dance floors, I want to hold you and show you to everyone like a boy with a new Pokémon card but keep it close to my chest when people got too close, I want to be the one to protect you from the world" He would tell me when we would have to part ways or use the side doors when leaving restaurants. Granted he wasn't the most romantic comparing me to a Pokémon card but it worked because here we are a year later. Ready and awaiting to announce it to the world, hand in hand, spinning on the dance floor, Pokémon style at the MET Gala.