Chapter 15

The walk to the hotel was strangely fine. Hugo gave the paparazzi a few questionable smiles, the security team a few pats on the back and the receptionist got a kiss blown. Once we arrive to our suite my shoes are immediately taken off along with my dress. Hugo goes straight for the bed, head first and on his belly. I place a bathrobe over my body and proceed to the bathroom to take my make up off ready for bed.

I hear faint snoring sounds as I finish taking my glam off, I throw the three wipes I had to use to remove the thick layers of make up and throw them in the bin placed under the sink. I walk along the marble floor and into the bedroom. I smile as I see Hugo still face first like a plank on the bed with his feet hanging off the side. I begin to untie his shoes so the white bed sheets don't become stained and so he can be more comfortable. I attempt to take his trousers off however the zip is obviously on the front of his body which is glued to the bed. I stand looking over him whilst biting the left side of my cheek to try and come up with a plan. I notice a small white corner escaping the back pocket of his trousers. Instantly my hand goes to the paper and I gently remove it. The paper is folded about four times. I unfold the paper with a confused look on my face. Written on the paper is tomorrows date and 9:00Am with a P at the bottom. My heart is instantly dropped to my stomach. My hands leave moist fingerprints upon the paper. My eyes dart to the top of Hugo's body to be met with the back of his head, his face still emerged in his pillow and snores escaping. I refold the note and lightly place it back in the pocket of his trousers. Hugo and I have been together for just over a year and I trust him with everything, I have opened up to him about me losing my dad and the struggles that I have had to face. Our whole relationship plays through my mind in seconds. Is he seeing someone else? Is he cheating on me? My mind questions myself.

I notice his phone on the bed faced down to match the appearance of Hugo himself. After fighting with the angle and devil on my shoulders I go with the devil and pick his phone up. I unlock his phone; I stare at the screen and smile, thinking to myself that he would never do this to me and I am just thinking the worst. My finger hovers over the message icon until reluctantly it makes contact with the screen. I go to the search bar and type 'P' roughly 20 names come up. I flicker through the names I recognise until I come across Paige. I press hard applying too much pressure onto the name in anger and in fright. The hard touch is recognised and their messages appear upon the screen. The screen goes a shade of black then off completely. "no, no, no shit" I whisper frantically clicking the power button on repeatedly. The phone lights up slightly and I am faced with a battery symbol insinuating that his phone is dead. I throw the phone at Hugo's back in frustration which awakens him and tread heavily into the kitchen area to get myself a drink.