Chapter 14

The after party is as extravagant as I imagined, the high ceiling, waiters and waitresses in suits, large balloons all lit in a dark setting. The sharp white lights occasionally meet my dress leading to the sequins reflecting on the walls, creating an emerald green pattern splattered around the room. Hugo and I have not mentioned the mysterious Paige calling him, I intend to keep it that way whilst we are at the party. I have already gone to every corner of my brain to try and make answers to my questions and figure out where this girl fits in his life. I instead give up and return to present time, the dance floor. Hugo has been gone for about 20 minutes with his friends who are also at the after party to go to the bar. Myself and Hailey are still submerged onto the dance floor, laughing, dancing and in Hailey's case drinking. As Hugo and I are still underage in the states to eliminate the chance of being arrested we decide to refrain from drinking at this party.

As I sit around the circular tables placed at the edges of the room, I slide my shoe off discretely to evaluate the blisters that have occurred on my feet after the hours of wearing heals. Hugo still hasn't returned after him and his friends went to the bar around 40 minutes ago now. I am not really a girl to worry where her boyfriend is or what he is doing all the time, however after the robbery this morning I still feel slightly on edge and did want to return to the hotel room earlier then we had planned a few days ago. All of a sudden, a hand is placed in the hollow of my lower back, my body instantly reacts and panic waves over me as flashbacks of the black gloves pacing over my bare skin play over in my mind. I am met with Hugo's face covered by his sunglasses. His hair has fallen out of a sleeker position and is now framing the top of his forehead. I trace his body to notice he is being supported by his friend Jay. "He's wasted, I've called your car, think you should get him out of hear Mae" Jay sniggers. I return my shoe to its correct position and stand to give Jay some help when supporting Hugo. "Hugo you will be arrested and if anyone from your movie sees you, well they won't be happy" I pant as I try to stable him with his harm hooked around my neck. Hugo mumbles a response to my plea. A few minutes later Jay informs me that our car is outside ready to take us back to the hotel. I have seen Hugo drunk on a few occasions, such as my 19th birthday party when he kicked Lola out, at his mum's wedding, and a few parties back in London. But I was slightly scared as he is very intoxicated and that is very much illegal as he is only 20. Jay supports Hugo to the car and hugs me tightly asking me multiple times if I want him to come back with us to help Hugo once we get to the hotel. I hug him back tighter and assure him that it will be fine and he should go back in and enjoy the party. Hugo and Jay have been friends for about 5 years, Jay lives in LA. Jay got Hugo through the darker times, when Hugo first started getting attention and fame, he didn't really deal with it well and began to make bad choices. Jay took him under his wing and taught him all about the pressures of living up to the high standards of this world and ever since they have been best friends.

Once I notice the street sign to where our hotel is, I start to prepare myself to get this 6'2 man into the building, past the paparazzi, the hotel security, the receptionist and other guests without anyone noticing he is drunk. I turn to Hugo and place my hand onto his and the other under his jaw to reposition is floppy head. He is asleep. "Great, Hugo is already a nightmare after I wake him up let alone when he is drunk" I mutter to myself. Hugo wakes up after a few more pokes of my acrylic nail to his cheek, each one becoming harder than the last. He looks around confused and analysing my face for answers. I inform him that the party is over and we are nearly at the hotel, his nap from the party to the hotel in the car has seemed to sober him up as he responds with a few thank you's and quires on how he got in the car. Once the car has stopped, the chauffeur lets us know that we have arrived I hear the crowd of paparazzi and inhale a large breath paired with an evil eye at Hugo. "When we get out the car just hold my hand and walk into the two doors of the hotel, don't say anything, okay?" I command to Hugo. He looks at me and sticks his tongue out. From that I am not sure whether to slap him in the face or laugh. "I'm fine, I'll get out first and hold your hand, its all good" He mumbles coolly.