Chapter 3

The bed. The big king sized perfectly white bed with an exhausted British girl scattered across it. One shoe is by the door and the other is by the bed. It took approximately 50 steps to find, throw my shoes off and collapse onto the bed, proving how big the room is in the hotel. A few hours have passed by from a nap and me waking up feeling rottener then when I arrived. When walking past Hugo's room earlier I didn't bother to knock as if he has taken the same approach as me, he will be asleep. He also hasn't texted me back in a few hours so with the evidence to back up my theory I head to the shower. I had clear instructions from Mario and Martinez, my glam team or gifts from God, to wash my hair the day before so the curls would hold better on the carpet and to do the face mask they gave me a few weeks before at my dress fitting. The face mask was French and I presume it didn't do anything but I will still use it in order to feel, if humanly possible, more special tomorrow. And also to avoid the yelling Mario will do if I don't use it.
It's approaching seven pm now, and being in the magical city of New York for almost 4 hours has only just sunk in. Leading to my stomach telling me that I am hungry or almost screaming with the bizarre noises its portraying. Still nothing from Hugo. I slide my slippers on and the complementary white robe with embroidered 'Mae' in gold on the left side. I indulge my finger in my Vaseline and smear it across my lips. I remove my hair from the towel to release my small natural waves, slide my phone in my pocket and start to head across the hall to Hugo's room. The double doors open like a movie and I am matched with an equally excited and surprised Hugo in my view, who also was coming to see me. He reaches his hands out and the familiar warmth from his palms when they make contact with mine allow me to automatically feel safer.

The intimate romantic moment is ruined by my sharp tug at his robes sleeve pulling him into my room. I use his body weight to slam the door shut leaving his back pressed against it and me pushing on top, rising on my tiptoes for my lips to finally touch his after what feels like forever. "I have missed you groping me without my consent" he smirks after our lips part. His hands still wrapped around my back, I grip my hand around his neck to attempt to threaten him for his comment whilst I try to fight with the giant smile on my face, he evidently wins as my weight leaves my legs and I am on Hugo's shoulder being thrown into the bed.