Chapter 22

Hugo reaches out and places his hands around my neck to steady himself. Jay quickly appears to the side of her, as Hugo begins to put all his weight onto me, Jay assist and lifts Hugo's legs from the side of the boat not letting go until he is safely onto the boat. Hugo drops to the floor with his arms still latched around my neck, I follow him to the floor. His head manoeuvres to my neck, as he cries into me, I begin to stroke his hair in attempt to comfort him again. His body weight is still being heavily supported by me but the numbness in my legs could also be due to the harsh cold of the May night in the middle of the sea.

I look around to meet with Jay who looks as heartbroken as I feel. I now know that Jay didn't mean to provoke Hugo earlier at the table, however it worries me that with only a small comment Hugo has fought, cried, broken up with me and put himself in danger. What if it is best for him and I to go our separate ways, if he needs space to fix himself like he says he does. My mind is racing yet relaxed now that Hugo is in my arms and not hanging off of the boat, yet I am scared for what will happen next. After a few minutes of Hugo's cries buried in my neck he moves is head and looks at me. "I'm sorry Mae" I cup his face as usual and bring my lip to his, hard and passionately. Our kiss is short lived and brief. "Don't you ever do that again" I say with anger as I break our kiss. Jay moves over to Hugo and attempts to remove his muscly arms which are still firmly attached around my body. "Common bro, let's go get you some bread to sober up" Jay says calmly, yet he is still hesitant to touch Hugo. Hugo looks at him and releases the grip he has on me and accepts the hand being offered by Jay. Jay quickly has Hugo off of the floor and now with a comforting arm around his back to stable him, they walk to the kitchen. Naya then replicates the same actions with myself, yet I am much quicker to accepting her help then Hugo was to Jay. "Wow, what a night, Hugo needs help chick, we will look into places here in LA" Naya says whilst wrapping a blanket around my shoulders which was around her own before. "Hugo, in LA, well why not London, all his family are in London, I'm in London" I say looking at her with a confused expression. "Honey, Jay fixed Hugo the first time out here, so he can do it again. Do you really want him around your mum, Tommy and Lily the way he is? And what about little Freddie, what example would his big brother be setting to him?" Naya explains. Freddie is Hugo's step brother, he's six years old and Hugo and him get along very well. I see Hugo in Freddie even though they aren't related. Freddie has the same slag Hugo has and the same check, he idolises Hugo, well as everyone does. Hugo's mother, Tracy Evans, re married a few months ago to her boyfriend Peter Evans. Peters ex wife had died and it was just peter and Freddie for a few years until he met Tracy. They met 3 years ago when Hugo was 17 and still figuring his fame out after he had just finished his first major movie. Freddie was only 3 at the time and Hugo was confused and angry to why he was gaining 2 new family members. Hugo and his father, William Main, are very close, yet William is very successful in London, owning many hotels and land. This caused strain on his marriage with Tracy causing them to divorce after their 25 years of marriage. Hugo didn't take it well and that is when he used all his money out here in LA with Jay. His mother had told me that Hugo lost his relationship with his family and practically vanished from London. His father is still so important to Hugo and their relationship is now stronger than ever, if Hugo stays in LA, I am worried their relationship may crumble again, as it did a few years ago.

My expression still hasn't changed and still gives off a confused look, only now it is mixed with anger. Naya has always been honest and given tough love, but truthfully, I wanted the sugar-coated version of her advice, I wanted her to tell me that Hugo will wake up and be fine and we will both be back in London tomorrow.