Chapter 24

We are all on the deck now, Hugo managed to claim his jumper after throwing me onto the bed and practically undressing me, however the jumper I came with was thrown in the room by Naya who was walking past and heard the issue. Naya and Jay were just as shocked as I was when Hugo was able to walk out of his room, down the stairs and sort his hair out without any major stumbles or word slurs. "You are lucky you know; Mae saved your life and Jay sobered you up, and now you just laugh like nothing happened. If you weren't Jays mate or Mae's boyfriend, I would personally throw you overboard myself" Naya proudly says in Hugo's face as we get ready to leave the boat. As soon as the words confidently come out her mouth, I worry about how Hugo will react, I am surprised when the only reaction she gets is a friendly push from Hugo and a wink. When Naya mentioned Hugo being my boyfriend butterflies fly all around my stomach, yet Hugo didn't bat an eye. Instead he places his arm around me and kisses the top of my head. "Jays already saved my life once, I thought I'd give Mae a go" Hugo says almost cockily yet it the way he holds himself with such confidence and sureness is unbelievably beautiful. How was this man an hour ago acting so harshly towards himself to now be himself again? To his comment I roll my eyes, he pulls me into him, I feel his eyes on me the entire time yet I don't allow myself to look at him as I still hold anger towards him over the things he has said.

The fans were amazing and sweet as they always are, they wanted pictures with all of us. Jay had a huge following due to his rapping, Naya from her modelling, myself for acting and modelling and Hugo from his acting and well for him. Hugo held my hand the entire time as we waked through the crowd and through the paparazzi. I forget that the majority of the world only knows us as the new couple, yet I am unsure if it still exists. Hugo was completely fine and himself for the entire car journey back to Jay's. It was unusual and almost strange how quickly he had sobered up and brushed away the frightening ordeal we had to go through only hours ago.

Our flight back to London is at 9:00am, therefore we had to be out the house at roughly 7:00am. This wouldn't be too hard for myself as I am usually up early for travelling with work or making Hugo's breakfast. Therefore, when we arrive back to the house, we all decide to go to bed. Hugo and I made it clear that Naya and Jay didn't need to wake up with us but they insisted that they wanted to have an early breakfast to bid us off. The next time we plan to see them is for Naya's 21ST birthday party in about 2 months at the end of the month here in LA. I run over the list I created in my notes of all the things I had packed with me when we were in New York whilst we are in bed to make sure that I hadn't forgot anything. As the brightness of my phone shines on my face in the dark room I hear Hugo giggle, he always has laughed at me for writing everything out and calls me a control freak, but I have never forgotten anything so it must work. I secretly have one for Hugo on all his important things such as; his expensive watch, sunglasses, shoes and toothbrush (he always forgets his toothbrush). Once the giggles from the both of us come to an end the silence becomes louder again. "Hugo?" I ask as I close my eyes. I fee the weight in the bed shift; Hugo's body comes closer to me. "No, me first, I have never really been good with words or processing my thoughts into a sentence, wait there." Hugo says whilst stumbling out of bed, tripping multiple times on the things on the floor as he attempts to find the light in the pitch-black room. I move my body and sit myself up with my hands. I reach for my phone which lays on the table beside the bed whilst laughing at the sounds Hugo is creating as he stumbles on his clothes on the floor which I told him he should pack. I go to the torch icon on my phone and shine the light at Hugo's direction assisting him to the light switch. Once he reaches the light switch, we both look at each other and share a laugh, he then reaches down to his backpack which will be his hand luggage tomorrow and pulls out a folded piece of paper. My mind is racing and confused at what this could be, he slowly makes his way back to me in the bed. He sits gently at the end of the bed; he looks so beautiful. He fiddles with the folded piece of paper in his hands waving it in between his fingers. "Hugo" I say whilst playing my fingertips under his chin lifting his head for his eyes to meet mine as I sense the nerves radiating off of his body. He hands me the paper; curiosity wins over my worrying mind and I begin straightening the folds and notice his handwriting.