Chapter 9

The sound of my hotel doors opening repeats in my head as I try to zone out of the situation I am in, I try to think of plain blank things as this stranger touches me. Until all of a sudden, his hands on me aren't there anymore and I see him frantically moving away from me, I then understand that the imagining of my hotel doors opening was in fact reality. I hear Hugos voice shouting out for me. I look up and just as I do his body appears quickly through the door, he looks down at me with a shine in his eye and crouches down beside me pulling my robe back on me to cover my naked body. Tears run down his perfect face. Without warning I see the man in black seconds away from pouncing on Hugo with a knife. I scream with my mouth underneath the tape quietly but loud enough for Hugo to turn around at the right time. Hugo grabs the man by the wrists and slams his body to the ground. Hugo uses all his body weight to keep him to the ground. Hugo is 6'2 but the man in black looks to be of similar height. Hugo sits on the man and attaches his hands to his throat. "you are lucky if I don't kill you, you disgusting scum, you put dirty hands on my girl!" Hugo yells. I spot the knife on the floor where Hugo knocked it out of the mans hands. I slide along the floor using my bum as away of moving to try and retrieve the knife. My fingers fulling extended trying to get a grip on the knife. I got it. I attempt to use the knife to cut away the tape from my ankles whilst Hugo remains sat and shouting at the Man. I successfully cut away the tape and stand to my feet. I run towards the table in the next room which upon it has a land line.

My head still feels heavy and I am in a state of shock, however the state of survival is much larger. I pick up the phone and dial the emergency services with the tip of my nose as my hands are still tied behind my back. I run out of the room and down the hall attempting to scream and beg for help as much as I can with the tape on my mouth. Every second I fear for Hugo's life and I reaped 'I love you, I love you' over and over in my head. I suddenly notice at the end of the hall are two security guards they notice my state and run towards me. I cry and panic and run back the way I came, only this time I have back up.

I run into my hotel room first and the two guards run in behind me, making a triangle shape. I rush towards the bedroom to be met with blood on the floor. The man in black towering over the room and stood with his chest out and his posture strong and intimidating. My eyes moving all around the room with my breathing becoming more fast paced through my nostrils. I finally spot Hugo on the floor gripping his t shirt to cover a wound, his face scrunched up in agony. I scramble to my knees to crouch beside him lowering my head onto his chest crying into him. I hear the security guards call for back up as they tackle the man to the ground to then arrest him.

Hugo's eyes are open and his breathing is more normal then when I first lay my head on his chest, within minutes the police, a medical team and the whole of hotel security are in my hotel room. The medical team surround Hugo and I. A woman lifts me off of Hugos chest and sits me on the bed easily removing the tape around my mouth and cutting away the rope that still had my hands attached. I then quickly move back to Hugo and place a hand on his face, "I am so sorry I left you" he says innocently paired with a tear.