Chapter 4

I wake up to an old car horn which is my alarm. I feel a presence in the bed and I roll to my right to see, him. The most beautiful human to ever walk this earth, his perfectness always seems to amaze me. His brown hair falls effortlessly around his forehead, the natural glow of his tanned skin looks like he was painted by the Greeks. I stare at the fine gold chain he wears running along his collar bone, which I have never seen leave his neck. As regular couples we have had our ups and downs and our challenges, through past relationships, trust issues and misunderstandings, but in times like these it makes you thankful that you persevered, that you fixed the cracks before they grew larger. As I thought this a grateful smile plastered across my face and in excitement, realizing today is the MET Gala.

I frantically rip the duvet off of our warm bodies for a physical action to match my adrenaline and racing mind. I find my robe along with my clothes messily placed on the floor to be matched with Hugo's robe. Staring at the clothes in awe of the night we shared. I feel a large warm hand gently placed on my back my eyes seal shut momentarily thanking God. I spin round too fast I get the teacups and roller-coaster PTSD and throw myself onto Hugo, who is still very much in a state of sleep. "Happy MET day!" I exclaim to which I get mumbles mixed with a "close the curtains" I squeeze him tightly and place a kiss on his dry lips and as he wishes, my legs take me out of bed to close the curtains.

Next, I head to the gold-plated bathroom with a marble floor and two sinks. I bunch my hair into a pony tail in preparation to wash my face. I stare at myself until I wake up because this all must be a dream. I have done red carpets, premieres, award shows and press for my other movies before but the MET just seems so magical and such a big deal that I don't feel worthy of walking in the presence of legends. My nerves and adrenaline half leave my body when I imagine and remember that I will be walking the carpet with my Hugo by my side.