Chapter 12

After an hour of my face and hair being transformed, I am left with gasps and smiles from Mario and Martinez. My skin is glowing with a gold highlighter and a honey looking shine. My eyelids hold a warm nude mixed with a burnt brown Smokey eye with a soft wing liner. To finish my lips look wet with a nude peachy gloss. Mario truly is the best. My hair is longer now as Martinez added extensions, my hair is styled more naturally with the front bits placed behind my ears. As the theme for the Met this year is all things love my dress is a baby pink. In my opinion a happy colour as love should be happy. It's a sweetheart neckline allowing cleavage to be on show, however still classy and creating a heart shape illusion to speak the theme into existence. The dress is tight fitted hugging to the silhouette of my body and has a small train following behind me. Once Mario and Martinez both help me into the dress and do it up and apply tape to any risky areas, I spot the bracelet. The bracelet Hugo bought me; the bracelet is an elegant piece made up of small crystals. Mario carefully picks the bracelet up and signals for me to put out my wrist. I smile and suggest that we wait for Hugo to put it on as he can be romantic sometimes. Mario seems to love the idea and places it back onto the table in its box padded with ivory silk miniature cushions.

After a few pictures for Mario and Martinez's look book, my family group chat and my Instagram I turn to look in the mirror and can't believe the refection is me. Never In my life have I looked like this or more importantly felt like this. Butterflies suddenly swoon my stomach as I am so excited to see Hugo, I know he will look incredible. Just as my mind runs to him the door is met with a knock, the security repeats the procedure and inform me that it is Hugo. Mario and Martinez quickly order themselves Infront of me acting as a human shield, just to make my reveal to Hugo more dramatic. I see him through the gap of the guys shoulders. Wow. He is wearing a white shirt with three buttons undone revealing a slight glimpse of his chest and his thin chain. His trousers are a deep navy and fit him perfectly with smart shoes to finish the look. His hair is shorter and more styled them usual with a slight bit of gel added. He looks beautiful.

I hint to Mario and Martinez that I want Hugo to see me by slightly pushing Mario's arm. Mario gives clear instructions to Hugo to turn around, Martinez also pairs Mario's command with compliments about the way Hugo 'cleans himself up nicely'. My leg through the slit of my dress moves through the space between them first revealing my silver heeled shoes. Hugo turns around, patience has never been on his side. The rest of my body follows and as the train of my dress rests on the floor I stand innocently with my head to the ground and my eyes on the floor. Hugo speeds towards me and takes my hands. I look up and my eyes move to his we both trace each other's bodies looking up and down at one another. "you look" we both say in union. "you look gorgeous" Hugo finishes I do the same and compliment him letting him know I fancy him so much. Mario and Martinez watch arm in arm on the side line admiring me as one of their projects and as proud parents at a wedding. Mario rushes to the table where the box still lays with the bracelet enclosed. Mario hands the box to Hugo with a large smile revealing his almost too white teeth. Hugo calmly opens the box and removes the bracelet returning the empty box back to Mario. I place my wrist forward and in front of him. The cold crystals meet my wrist and the clasp is done up. Hugo places his fingers under my chin and gently pushes my head up to him allowing him to kiss me. Mario abruptly jumps in front of the two of us, "don't think you are ruining her glossy lips, the face is out of bounds" Mario sassily says creating an 'X' shape with his arms. I let out a rather loud laugh along with Hugo, instead he picks up my hand and kisses the top. "I will be getting a kiss when Mr bossy leaves" Hugo loudly whispers looking at Mario.

Hugo and I get a few pictures taken to show our families, for personal enjoyment and to post to our social media platforms once the night is over. We get the signal from a member of the security team, who will be accompanying us to the Met, that the car is ready. My palms begin to sweat and my nerves dramatically increase. This night is possibly a once in a life time opportunity and with the pressures attached alone are enough to send me into a raging panic attack. However, another thing that consumes my mind is if the media has become aware of the robbery that we experienced earlier in the day and if the reporters will be asking for information. I have scrolled through my phone and all the major news headlines and so far, we are in the clear. Another thing that has me worried is mine and Hugo's dating announcement. Although me and Hugo have been together a year, it will feel as if we are at the beginning again after tonight and have to prove the world that what we have is real and long lasting. Our movies were at a critical point of sale at the time me and Hugo began seeing each other more seriously, we didn't want it to jeopardise our job or let the outside get in the way of our relationship.

Hugo grabs my hand and looks to me, I look up to meet his eyes and see his cheeky grin allowing me to realise he always keeps it together, I let out a laugh due to my excitement weighing out the worry as we walk together down to the lobby, hand in hand.