Chapter 32

It's been 4 weeks since William and Olivia came around for lunch, William continues to convince us that Olivia has changed and that he still loves her very much despite about what was revealed about her and Hugo's past. Hugo hasn't mentioned what the investigator found about Olivia sleeping with an underaged boy all those years ago. I persuaded him against the idea of telling his father, and explained if Olivia told William about Paige that I would be here for him, yet if he told William about Olivia, then his father would be alone again when he seems truly happy now. Every time William tells us he loves Olivia, either over the phone, in his office or his house Hugo makes an effort to either put the phone down or slam the door. He still doesn't believe Olivia's intentions are right, I don't blame him, yet I think he should be happy for his father. "Your father is one of the best business men in central London, he can handle himself if Olivia isn't who she says he is, you don't have to watch over their relationship" I explain whilst sliding a plate of toast and eggs Infront of Hugo. "Thank you, where's your breakfast" Hugo asks, avoiding my previous statement, whilst I sit next to him on the table with no food Infront of me. "I'm just not hungry" I tell him as I run my fingers through my hair, attempting to straightening the knots out. Hugo is dressed in some smart trousers and a sweatshirt. Today he is flying to Paris to shoot a scene in his new movie which he was offered a few weeks ago that Natalia had found. The movie is all about a young boy who works his way up in the restaurant business after his parents were deported back to Mexico. Along the way he meets a girl and they fall in love. Basically, another film for girls to swoon over Hugo. I wasn't sure why he was casted at first as he is fully British, yet Natalia explained that as Hugo has a slight tan to his skin, he can get away with it. I am sat in just a white robe and some slipper as I have been for the past few days. "Mae, you haven't eaten almost every morning since we got back from New York, you said that you would tell me if you needed help dealing with what happened." Hugo says whilst moving to my hand. I swat him away and stand and reassure him that I am fine and don't need help. Hugo shrugs my blunt answer off and I head upstairs in an attempt to get ready.

The past few weeks have consisted of me feeling sick all the time, not eating and having sleepless nights. At first, I blamed the robbery, but then the nightmares stopped, however the sickness didn't. This is then what made me do a pregnancy test after the hours of pestering I had endured form Lilly, my brother's girlfriend. She ensured me that I would be fine and it was just for peace of mind. She promised me that she wouldn't tell Tommy or my mother that I am even taking a test. I took the test last week; Hugo was out with his friends and it had just gone 11:00pm when I got the text from Hugo informing me that he was going to be later then expected. Hugo had been looking after me for he first two weeks and was being really supportive, he wouldn't leave my side and he even came with me to all my meetings and photoshoots. I video chatted Lilly explaining that I was going to take a test. A few minutes later I found out that I was in fact, almost 4 weeks pregnant. My first reaction was shock, then the tears came, I was unsure if they were happy or sad tears. Lilly was also crying when I told her. "I am too young I'm only 19, I have a career in the public eye, my movies, I can't be pregnant, in my new movie I play a 16-year-old I can't be pregnant!" I say loudly to Lilly through the phone as I sob. Lilly explains that everything will be okay and tells me all the options. I block my ears out to most of it and pretend I am listening, I realise that this baby was made on our first night in New York, when Hugo snook into my hotel room for the night. The phone call ended after a few hours of Lilly comforting me and the shock settling in because Hugo had arrived back home. I decide against telling Hugo as I wasn't sure what to do. Here we are a week later and I still haven't told him, Lilly has also kept her mouth shut so Tommy and my mother don't know. Lilly and my mother are really close as Lilly was always around when we were growing up as me and her sat next to each other in almost every lesson and were really close. When my father died Lilly was a big help to Tommy, my mother and me, she is truly family and my best friend.

Hugo is going to Paris for a week. He made it clear that I could come along too but I told him I want to go and see my mother because Tommy and Lilly are visiting. I could tell Hugo was hurt when I told him this a few days ago, however the more I see him the more conflicted I get about what to do. I am scared that if I tell Hugo he will push away from me, or worse, even leave me. Or on the other hand he could want the baby and not support me or look down upon me if I was to not want it. I needed to see Lilly in person and tell my mother face to face. I'm driving down in an hour, as Malcom is picking Hugo up at about the same time. I change into some comfy leggings and one of Hugo's large oversized hoodies. As I look at myself in the mirror I lift up the jumper slightly and place my hand on my exposed stomach, rubbing it gently. My stomach is still flat and not showing that I am pregnant. Images of Hugo and his younger brother Freddie pop up in my mind, Hugo playing with him and chasing him. My eyes begin to water and a single tear runs down my face as I think of the man I love being an amazing father. "Mae" Hugo says with a light knock on the bedroom door. I quickly wipe the tear from my cheek and pull the jumper down and below my stomach. "Yeah" I say with a sniffle. Hugo comes in and joins me at the mirror, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and kissing my neck. "You are beautiful" He says as he both smile at our reflection. "I'm going to miss you" I say truing from the mirror to face him "Don't fall in love with a French girl" I say now looking up to his face and smiling. "I can't make any promises, the French women love me" Hugo says with a cheeky grin. I roll my eyes and laugh whilst kicking him in the shin and stepping around him. I am going to my mothers for 6 days and 5 nights, as she lives about an hour away and Tommy and Lilly are staying for a week. As they live in Liverpool for Tommy's career it is a long way to where my mother lives, therefore I don't see them as much as I would like. As Tommy is my twin, we did everything together growing up so to now live so far apart it can be hard and I do miss him a lot, even though in his eyes I call him too much. After packing the last of my things and creating a checklist for Hugo of all his things as much as it amuses him, Hugo's phone rings. It's Malcom saying he is outside ready to take him to the airport. All of a sudden, I get emotional and my lips begin to frown and my eyes tear up, even though Hugo will be away for only a week. "Hey, you can't make that face its not fair" Hugo says whilst cupping my cheeks and kissing my forehead. I wrap my arms around him tightly and mentally beg him to stay. "You were invited to come with me" He says proudly as if he can read my thoughts. I laugh and nod at him. Once he has carried his suitcase downstairs, he runs back upstairs to carry mine down which I packed for my mother's house. We kiss goodbye and I watch him carry both suitcases outside. He puts my suitcase into my car and locks it then throws me the key, I catch it and smile at what a gentleman he is as I watch him coolly walk down the drive to meet Malcom.