Chapter 2

Its Sunday 3rd of May, The MET now being less than 24 hours away. Hugo and I are staying in the Langham Hotel in New York on Fifth Avenue. As we are both from England, we will both be exhausted when we arrive in New York. I say goodbye to my mother and head to the airport. My mother has always loved Hugo and she sees the love he radiates off himself when he looks at me. She worries, as a mother should, about keeping our relationship a secret and if it is because of a deeper reason. Both of our families and closest friends know and have known for the whole duration of this romance, my brother, Tommy,  gets along with Hugo really well. Tommy plays football for Liverpool, with Hugo being a Liverpool fan they seemed to click instantly. Next thing on my mental checklist is letting the rest of the world know.

Hugo and I flew separately as he flew from London and I flew from Heathrow. Both getting on first class and only slightly recognised, I presume Hugo was more recognised than myself as being 6'2 really has its ups and downs for him, but mostly ups. My travel attire is simple and quite frankly pyjama style. Black tight Nike leggings, one of Hugo's oversized jumpers, a NY hat and sunglasses with my hair possibly too tightly pulled back in a low bun sitting nicely under the baseball cap. A typical "don't recognise me outfit" I loved the attention, places and opportunities my acting has gotten me, my life feels like a dream as one day I was a normal, you could say failing girl, and the next, working on sets, walking carpets and kissing Hugo Main.

Once the flight had landed and Hugo checking in on me via text, remaining individual we make our way to the Langham. Me and Hugo are staying in the same hotel, however, you guessed it, in different rooms across the hall from each other. This means we save money on security as we share and we are as close to each other as society, for the minute, will allow us to be. There is nothing I wish more than being able to walk the streets of New York with Hugo, hand in hand, admiring all the shops and billboards, but I also admire Hugo's admiration and care for his work and never mixing it with his personal life.