Chapter 16

"Mae! Baby, come here look at these photos" Hugo shouts. It's the next day now, Hugo and I are up early as we have to check out of the hotel and head to the airport to fly to Los Angeles for a boat trip to have dinner, we have planned with myself, Hugo, Jay and Jays girlfriend Naya. We planned the trip months before and thought it would be nice as the weather is hot in LA in may before we leave back for the colder London. I decide I can't act mad or suspicious because I didn't see anything on Hugo's phone last night and I am probably overreacting and the whole thing is just a misunderstanding. I walk back into the bedroom with a glass of cold water for Hugo. I sit on the edge of the bed to see Hugo sat leaning on the headboard with a white lead plugged into the bottom of his phone. I place the water on the side table next to him. He turns his phone round and begins to show me all the photos from last night and tweets, Instagram posts and comments all about what fans think about our relationship. Everyone is so accepting and supportive which floods my body with happiness. This feeling overwhelms my doubts about our relationship and I climb onto the bed and rest my head against Hugo's chest. He strokes my hair and places a kiss onto my hair. "I'm sorry about last night and getting too drunk, but I did have a really amazing time with you and you looked so fit" Hugo says, I admire his truly British compliment and laugh still with my head resting on his chest.

The cold air hits me the moment I step out of the hotel, Hugo suggested that we go to go to a small café to buy breakfast instead of room service. He then explains that he is too tired to go so I go by myself on the hunt for a more authentic breakfast. As it is only 8:30 in the morning I presume the streets won't be too busy and the paparazzi will be limited. I end up at a local small café that outside stood a chalk board promoting pancakes and waffles. I text Hugo to ask what flavour pancakes he wants as there are so many to choose from, as when I left, he was so hungry therefore I want him to tell me exactly what he wants in case what I pick doesn't satisfy him enough. With no reply and two rings to voicemail I go with the double chocolate pancakes and the strawberry waffles, I also get Hugo another savoury pancake with bacon.

The walk back to the hotel seems longer then the way here, possibly because it is after 9 am now and New York seems to be awakening. When I finally make it back to the hotel, I am met with a strange look from the hotel receptionist, instantly I feel insecure and nervously touch my hair as I walk past them, remembering I didn't really brush it before I left. I make my way up in the lift staring at myself in the reflection the entirety of the time. Nothing seems to be wrong with my appearance apart from the lack of effort. I decide to let the strange looks fly over my head and once the lift doors open, I make my way down the hallway of the hotel to enter our suite.

I unlock the door with the key card and enter the room closing the door behind me with my foot. "Hugo, breakfast!" I shout whilst walking into the kitchen area. "Coming, just in the shower!" replies Hugo. I open at least four cupboards until I find the one holding the plates, on my way to the circular table where Mario and Martinez glammed me, I grab cutlery. I lay the food out onto the plates and use all the self-control I have within me not to pick the strawberries of the pancakes and eat them. After a few more "Hugo!" shouts I decide to go into the bedroom to personally pull him out of the shower as I am so hungry. Once I reach the bedroom the door is closed, which is unusual as there is an en suite that has a separate door. I hear a more high-pitched voice then Hugo's and place my ear against the bedroom door. "Please just leave this is not going to end well, Mae is home, please Paige" Hugo attempts to whisper. I instantly grit my teeth together and my nostrils begin to flair. Before I have a chance to think my body reacts to my anger and I push the door open. I am left looking at Hugo standing innocently in just his boxers and a tall blonde girl in a black bra and pants to the side of him. "Mae I can explain, this really isn't what it looks like I know it looks bad but it really isn't" Hugo begs. I immediately feel the moisture in my eyes and feel the tears dampen my cheek. "How could you" I sob looking into Hugo's now tear-filled eyes. I break the eye contact with Hugo and look to the girl standing next to him. "Who are you" I ask with my nose crinkled at her. "Erm, I am Paige, Hugo's... friend, look we didn't do anything, yet" The blonde figure says with a laugh. My heart broke when I first saw the girl standing in her underwear, it then broke even harder when Hugo looked at me with tears clouding his vision and even harder when my suspicions of this Paige girl where now in fact true. It all makes sense now, to why the receptionist where giving me strange looks wondering why I am letting another girl into the hotel room and why Hugo wanted breakfast from a café outside of the hotel.