Chapter 27

'Hugo's point of view'

I reach into the fridge to get my dad a drink, he must really like Olivia if he's missing work for her, I think whilst popping the top of the beer cap off. Still processing that my dad has brought the girl I would sleep with almost everyday on my mum's sofa into my house, which I live in with my girlfriend. Images of Olivia's naked body laid across mine come into my mind and subconsciously smack my forehead lightly with my free hand, trying to banish the thoughts out of my mind. "Hugo what are you doing!" Mae laughs whilst pulling my hand away from my forehead. Without an explanation I walk into the lounge to try and understand what the hell is going on. I hand my dad the beer and uncomfortably look at Olivia. "Offer the lady a drink, be a gentleman" My dad says arrogantly. I lift my hat off of my head and run my fingers through my hair, as Mae informs me that I do this when I am uncomfortable. "Eh yeah right, what do you want?" I ask awkwardly. How am I being this awkward, this is not like me I am normally confident, too confident even. The last time I saw Olivia was around 2 years ago, before my first movie was released. To celebrate we had sex in my car, at the time I thought I was the luckiest boy in the world, an 18 year old boy banging a 22 year old blonde chick. All my friends cheered me on when I would tell them about her. I never really liked her; however, I liked the sex. I have told Mae about the dumb things I used to do growing up, yet I failed to mention Olivia as Mae had only one boyfriend before me, making my body count already too high in comparison to hers. Therefor I decided against the idea and thought I would never need to tell her. I stopped talking, well sleeping, with Olivia when my movie was released and did well. I was making more money than I knew what to do with. This is when the gambling and partying started. Jay and I were crazy. Jay had an endless amount of money from his music as he had been in the industry longer than I had been acting and modelling. I couldn't keep up with Jay leading me to become bankrupted. This is then when Paige came into my life and helped me out, in return I would bang her. Olivia found out and went crazy, she threatened to tell my parents, even though she had never met them, that I was using a girl for money. She even threatened to tell the media. If Olivia told the media about this my career would most definitely be over. So, when I started to build up my money again, I hired a private investigator to do some digging on Olivia, turns out she has always been into younger boys as when she was 19, she was inviting a 15 year old boy round to her house. When I brought this information up to Olivia, she insisted she was just babysitting him, however the CCTV footage that the investigator found stated otherwise. Ever since Olivia swore to keep her mouth shut about how I was making my money and as did I on her fetishes. She would still call and text me all the time explaining how much she missed me and loved me, but I couldn't stand it and thought that I would never see her again.

Yet here this woman is infront of me now at the age of 24, yet she's banging my dad. Suddenly images of my dad and Olivia are now created in my head, I immediately stand up to try and flash them out. As I was revisiting my teenage years, I completely blocked out Olivia's answer to if she wanted a drink, and to be honest, I don't care. "Hugo, I said can I have a water please" Olivia says rudely. I refuse to make eye contact with her whilst I leave the room to the kitchen. What the hell is she doing with my dad, did she know he was my dad, she had to know, we both have the same name, Main doesn't come around often. There is even a picture of the both of us as his iPhone wallpaper. Thoughts and questions run across my mind until I bump into Mae. "Hey, lunch is ready so please can you go get the table ready" Mae says lovingly while she touches my waist. How was I able to say no to such a beautiful face, man I love her. I follow her command and move to the dining room, still not getting Olivia her stupid drink.

Just as I finish laying out the last place mat, I hear my dad's loud voice coming closer, followed by Mae's laugh, her nervous one. A smile steals my face as I know my dad still makes Mae nervous sometimes, even after all this time. Mae's mum, Lindsey, and I get along well and Mae is just like her. Mae's mum lives around an hour away from central London, she lives alone and hasn't even had a partner since Mae's father passed away. Mae worries about her mother and if she gets lonely as Tommy moved to Liverpool with his girlfriend Lily, as he now plays for Liverpool football club. Mae tries to see her mum as often as she can and her brother too. She is also really close with Lily as they were friends from school, Lily gets more text and calls off Mae than I do.

The three of them walk into the dining room and take their seats. Olivia is opposite me. "I'll go and get the food from the kitchen, does anyone want anything, top up on drinks or any sauces?" Mae asks like the true hostess she is. "Please can I have a water" Olivia awkwardly asks Mae. My dad looks at me angrily and I can't help but find humour in the situation, that I have forgotten this woman's drink twice. Mae replies politely and makes her way into the kitchen. "Your house is lovely Hugo; your dad has told me how invested you have been in designing it" Olivia asks me as she pretends to be interested. I answer bluntly, making it clear I want the conversation over as quick as possible. The small talk continues for what feels like forever, I attempt to just keep the conversation revolved around myself, my dad asks me about the Met and our trip. I skip the part where I stupidly attempt to throw myself off of the boat, just to keep the atmosphere at a bad level of awkward instead of an unbearable level of awkward if I was to mention that. "Hugo please can you come and help, this is too heavy for me!" Mae shouts from the kitchen. But before I can even process the command from my brain to my legs my dad is up on his feet. "I'll go son, don't worry" My dad says whilst leaving me here with my past staring me in the face.