Chapter 31

After ordering our desserts Roman arrives with a sorbet in one hand and Hugo's chocolate slab cake in the other. Hugo and I retract our laughing and sit up right whilst Roman places the food Infront of us. Once he places the food Infront of us I thank him, for the both of us as Hugo sits in his seat eyeing him. "No problem, enjoy the ice cream it matches your dress." Roman says whilst looking at my dress. Unsure what to say I just laugh hoping that Roman leaves us to eat. "Sorry that was inappropriate, like I wasn't looking at the top of your dress. Oh God I'm sorry. It's just I like your movies, like you are a great actress" Roman rambles. I feel for the boy as he must be embarrassed as to how his thoughts just came out of his mouth. "Aw thank you, that means a lot" I sat reassuringly to try and ease the tension. Meanwhile Hugo slouches in his chair unable to handle the awkward ordeal. "Yeah, we get it. She's hot" Hugo says rudely, yet with a laugh so it comes off more relaxed than it should. I give Hugo a stare across the table for him to be quiet. "Erm yeah you are very lucky, well just call me if you need anything" Roman says quickly. He turns around to leave us to finally eat our desserts, however as he turns around, he bumps into another waiter, only this waiter has glasses of drinks on his tray. The tray falls, leaving all the drinks to cover Roman. His once white shirt is now covered in stains of dark red liquid. I immediately stand to try and help the waiters. Hugo does the same. "Oh my goodness, are you okay!" I say to the waiters. This has now caused a scene and more waiters surround us. I slightly squat to the floor, in an attempt to not flash my underwear, and pick up the tray which once held the drinks. "No, don't you do it, I'm sorry, go and enjoy your meal" Roman says to me as we both are near the floor. I disobey him and begin to gently pick up the small pieces of glass which now surround the area of this posh restaurant. Hugo also comes to my side and begins to do the same. "This is what you get when you try to act cool in front of a girl" Hugo says jokingly whilst nudging Roman on the shoulder. Suddenly the three of us begin to laugh, Roman still remaining embarrassed as his cheeks are as red as the roses that surround the restaurant.

Eventually me and Hugo were able to eat our desert, they were as delicious as expected. The manger insisted that our meal would be paid for resulting in the events we had experienced. We insisted that there was no need and we would happily pay; however, the manager was reluctant to change his mind so we accepted the generous offer. Our driver was waiting outside of the restaurant for us as well as our security, the number of paparazzi had gone down now and the majority of the fans had left as it was approaching 10pm. We are sat in the car now about 10 minutes away from home, my hand is Placed in Hugo's. He looks at me and smiles warmly, he lifts his hand with mine enclosed within it and places a kiss on the back on my hand. I close my eyes as his lips touch the surface of my hand. "Sir, we have arrived" The driver tells Hugo. "Thanks Malcom, have a good evening, say hi to the family, I'll see you tomorrow" Hugo says back to him. Malcom has been Hugo's driver for as long as I have known Hugo, he is just shy of 60 and he is so sweet and caring. When Hugo's dad wasn't around much Malcom used to step in for Hugo. Hugo opens the door for me, like a true gentleman, and assists me out of the car. I am now wearing Hugo's blazer over my dress, as much as I was against the idea of covering the gorgeous dress, the cold got the better of me and Hugo insisted that I wear it. The walk up to the house from where Malcom dropped us off at the end of our drive is dark yet the fairy lights submerged in the hedges, that my mum had bought me, allowed for the walk to be more romantic. Mine and Hugo's hands still attached and our arms swaying as we walk. "Wow, what a day we have had" I say with a slight giggle. From William bringing Hugo's sort of ex-girlfriend round for lunch to the waiter embarrassing himself making us eligible for a free meal. "It has been crazy; do we still have a deal on my shirt ending up on the floor though?" Hugo asks with a raise of his eyebrows whilst unlocking the door as I shiver to the side of him. "Hurry up I'm cold babe" I nag to him, ignoring his question, whilst he fiddles with the keys.