Chapter 10

A few minutes have gone by, Hugo is now able to stand and is getting looked over by the medical team on the table where a few hours ago we were simply eating breakfast. He seems to be okay after the adrenaline has returned to somewhat normal. The man in black had cut Hugo with the knife just below his peck, not deep enough to call it a stab wound but hard enough for blood to cause panic. He ends up having three stitches and some pain relief. The colour in his face has returned to a more tanned colour. I am sat on the table and to the left of Hugo with my hand being held in his. I can't help but feel responsible for Hugo's injury as in the panic I left the knife in the room after I had cut myself free, the man must have grabbed the knife with Hugo not realising. Hugo stated to the police officers that he came into the hotel room because I didn't answer the phone and the second ring went to voicemail, as the man had smashed my phone.

Every second that isn't filled with questions and information I am left with the loud and overwhelming memory that flashes through my head of the man touching me. His thick black gloves running over my skin, the way he twirled my hair between his fingers and the way he looked at me through the small black holes of the balaclava cut outs for his eyes. The police then confirm Hugo and I that the man isn't 100% with it and has been dealing with mental disorders such as schizophrenia for a while. This makes me feel slightly sorry for the man as he needs help and reinforcement.

After roughly an hour of the medical team checking us over. Hugo for the more physical injuries and me for the mental injuries. we insist that we are okay and they can leave as it was getting late and Hugo and I were scheduled to get ready for the Met in less than an hour. Security will be placed outside my hotel room for the duration of my stay and Hugo and I will be staying in the same room as tonight we are announcing our love and on a more personal level, I need him.

Earlier, after I had given my statement and Hugo was talking to the police, I changed out of the robe that once held Hugo's scent and replaced it with some comfy underwear and Hugo's jumper that I arrived in New York in. My hair was down and my natural waves still hung loosely just over my shoulders ready for Martinez to work his magic. A huge part of me doesn't want to go to the Met as a few hours ago I was just assaulted and my boyfriend was attacked, however I refuse to let that man, that stranger win and ruin such a special opportunity. I walk barefoot white toenails on show with Hugo's jumper falling just under my bum into the living room area of my hotel room. Hugo is sat on the sofa with his head in his hands. My pace quickens and I place myself as close next to him as I could. I gently run my fingers up and down his neck and kissed his damp cheek. "Thank you for saving me, you are my hero." I whisper into him. He turns to face me and cups my face in his hands. Our eyes fixed on each other. "Are you okay Mae, we really don't have to go tonight, we can stay in, we can order pizza, I mean we could fly home and go see your mum, whatever you want" Hugo rambles at the speed of his thoughts in his head. "Hugo I'm fine it's all over now and besides I have you. Tonight will be so fun, we can't stay in and dwell on what happened let's go have fun, together" I say with a smile holding his hands. "Promise me you're okay" Hugo begs. I grab his face with force and place my lips on his leading the romantic kiss. Hugo picks me up and carries me, with my legs wrapped round his back and my hands around his neck, into the kitchen area. He places my body on the counter and a small squeal comes out of my mouth as my bare skin attaches with the cold marble counter. I roll my head back and start laughing breaking the kiss. Hugo plants a kiss onto my neck. "I love you" laughs Hugo.