Chapter 30

'Mae's point of view'

Once digesting what had happened earlier, I decide to give Hugo his space. When his father and Olivia left, he was still angry and confused that she kissed him, the thought of it still makes my stomach uneasy. I thought that it would be best if he processes it on his own, I didn't want to push him for information or over comfort him, as I am known for doing, just in case a re-enactment of what happened on the boat would take place.

After an hour or so of Hugo in our bedroom I decide to check on him. The door is open wide enough for me to spot him on the bed, he is now wearing a black jumper and his hat is back on the shelf. "Hey, are you okay?" I ask quietly. He looks up from his phone and greets me with a smile. I take this as my cue to enter. After sitting on the bed cuddling for an hour Hugo tells me everything about Olivia. At first my reaction was as it would be expected, I was shocked and confused on how Olivia could use Hugo as much as Hugo was using her, considering she was an adult. Then Hugo told me about the investigator he hired, I thought this was slightly over dramatic, until he informed me on what the investigator had found. Olivia seemed so lovely to me, yet Hugo began telling me the things she was saying across our dining table and all the winks and awkward stares. I immediately trusted Hugo and began to worry for William. "Well, she can't be with your dad for the right reasons, you have to tell him about what you have on her" I said concerningly whilst leaning into Hugo's body, playing with the drawstrings of his hoodie. "I definitely don't trust her; I mean of course she would know that he is my dad. But I can't tell him, if I did, I would have to tell him about Paige and I am already ashamed of that. I don't need my perfect father to hold that against me like he already does with the partying and gambling." Hugo tenses and is voice becomes harsher. "I paid all that god damn money back to Paige, yet she still haunts me" Hugo says whilst his body tenses and moves to a more upright rigid position. In an attempt to calm him down I run my fingers through his hair slowly and lovingly. "Hugo, it's okay, no one holds anything against you, look at you, look at what you have achieved, you're 20 and you've overcome so much, you saved my life in New York and when we first met. After my father died, I was so lost and broken, you also saved my brother, Tommy didn't leave his room in months. You are the one that got him out, you are the one who kept encouraging him to chase his dream. Now look at him, playing for Liverpool. So never be ashamed of your past, I am here for you, forever" My voice comes out in a more excited tone than I had anticipated. I echo his words back to him "I am permanently in love with you, always and forever" as I kiss him gently. Hugo breaks our kiss and looks into my eyes. "What on earth did I do to deserve you" He says while hugging my firmly, he lifts me into the air and spins me around. Our laughs fill the room in a romantic way. Once he puts me down, after getting a few wriggles form me he takes my face in his hands and kisses me passionately. His lips are warm and take over me.

"Let's go out tonight, like let's go on a date, a real date, a proper date where I can show you off, without using side doors, as a couple" Hugo says breathless and excitedly. My stomach instantly holds an army of butterflies. The idea of a date, in London with Hugo, sounds so romantic and exciting. We have never gone on a date in a fancy restaurant as a couple before, because there was a too high risk of the paparazzi noticing us and realising, we were together. When we met in Italy is the last place we went on a proper date, we usually order food to the house or go out in groups. The media knew we were friends because Hugo and Tommy would be together a lot, so when Tommy and Hugo would go out, so would me and Tommy's girlfriend Lily. There was always rumours surrounding our relationship, however it never went further. But now the secrets out Hugo and I can go on dates, hold hands in public, spin me around in the streets at night just like the movies. Hugo notices that I haven't answered, only because my mind is wondering to all the possibilities and adventures we can have. He brings his hands to my waist and smiles so perfectly "Well? Is that a yes?" Hugo says while continuing to smile. "Yes, of course!" I say while throwing my weight onto Hugo, wrapping my legs round his waist and burring my face into his neck.