Chapter 34

I used myself blurting out that it was Hugo's fault that I was ill, whether Tommy understood it or not, as a sign to tell him. I sit down next to Lilly and she places her hand on mine, I notice Tommy looking at Lilly's hand on mine. "Woah, what is going on" Tommy says in a worried tone as he pulls out a chair at the breakfast bar opposite me. "Okay so, don't freak out" I say as Tommy interrupts me "9 out of 10 times if someone says don't freak out, you usually freak out!" Tommy says concerningly. I repeat in my head the speech of what I should say, instead I decide to go for the short explanation. "I'm pregnant...and Hugo doesn't know, only Lilly knows." I say quickly so I don't have time to process it myself. "You're what!" A voice says from behind us, my mothers voice. Me and Lilly turn around to face her angry eyes, while Tommy remains in shock after he hasn't said anything. "Mum, wait, let me explain!" I call out to my mum as she walks out of the door the way she came in. "Please, mum, I'm sorry I didn't know what to do, I mean I still don't know what to do" I say whilst still trying to catch up with her. She finally stopped walking now we are outside at the front of the house. "How long?" Is all she says, unsure of what she means I don't answer and only look at her confused. "How far along are you, you must still be early" She says whilst looking at my stomach. "4 weeks. Please can we talk inside, if anyone hears and this gets out it will make everything worse" I say worried that someone may hear and report it to the press. My mother agrees and we head inside. Tommy and my mother both sit on the sofa opposite me and Lilly, who are on the other. I explain how I have been feeling unwell for a while, which prompted me into doing a test, I explained how Lilly knew as we were on video chat and that I was scared to tell Hugo. I explain that I don't know whether to keep the baby or not and if I am strong enough to have an abortion. After letting my heart poor out to my mother and brother, my mother gets up and walks over to me, she reaches her hands out and I place mine in hers, she pulls me up off of the sofa and opens her arms. She hugs me tightly and strokes the back of my hair "Congratulations Mae, Hugo will be so happy you have to tell him" My mother says now excepting my pregnancy with a tear in her eye. As my mother hugs me I notice Tommy getting up off of the sofa in the corner of my eye. I pull out of my mothers' arms and look at Tommy who is looking at me. "Come here, congratulations you begin a teen mum first!" Tommy says whilst laughing with a huge grin on his face as he hugs me. "Shut up" I say whilst laughing.

The next few days are spent chatting and visiting all mine and my mothers favourite shops. A few paparazzi get my whereabouts and the shopping trip is then short lived. Every night we have watched a movie and Hugo has video chatted every night to see everyone. I promise them all that I will tell Hugo in person back in London, as I want to tell him when we are alone and not over the phone. I ma still unsure about what to do, yet every day I wake up and want to keep my baby more. It's my last day at my mothers, I stayed an extra day as I didn't want to return to an empty house, therefore now when I arrive back home Hugo should also be there. I spend the morning packing up my bag with Lilly sat on the bed telling me about the new plans she has for her and Tommy's house. Their house is massive and beautifully decorated, much like Hugo, Tommy enjoyed designing their house. Tommy carries my bag down the stairs and places it at the front door ready for when I leave. We all have lunch together before I drive home. "Make sure you tell Hugo tonight so I don't have to be so quiet about this!" My mother says whilst finishing the last mouthful of her pasta. My mother was already set on me having this baby, which truthfully made me more excited. "Yes, I promise, he will know tonight" I say with a smile as I imagine him as a father. "Dad would have really liked Hugo" Tommy says unexpectedly as we all smile around the table. I look to Tommy who now looks upset, my father loved Lilly and I wish he would have known Hugo. "I know, but he is definitely looking down and proud that I am with someone who can give me beautiful children" I say to lighten up the mood. Lilly nods in agreement and Tommy rolls his eyes "Hey, look who you are with" Tommy says waving his hands up and down his body to Lilly showing off his looks. "Alright, enough Mae I don't want you driving when it starts to get dark" My mother says as she clears the table free from our plates.

I say my goodbyes, give my hugs and then some more hugs and make my way out to the car. I hear my mother order Tommy to carry my suitcase out and put it in my boot for me. I give my brother one last hug by my car and then get in. I text Hugo who has just landed back in London before I set off and attach my phone to the aux cord to play my cheesy music that Hugo gets annoyed with if I play in the house. I wave to the three of them by the door and reverse out of the drive and make my way back to London.

The traffic isn't as bad as I had expected, I am roughly 40 minutes away from home and the weather has taken a turn for the worse, at first there was a light shower, then the rain became heavier and now it hasn't stopped raining. Cars are slowing down as the rain is becoming dangerous, my wipers can't catch up with the speed and the density of the raindrops. As my front screen becomes covered in water and my wipers not working quick enough, I begin to lose sight of the road and the cars around me, I immediately turn my hazard lights and slow down. I panic unsure of what to do. I am on the motor way and there are three lanes of fast-moving traffic, I can't pull off or stop. Suddenly I see a black shaped object through the water marks of my windscreen. I try to react and move my steering wheel in time, the black object comes closer. My car makes contact with it smashing the windscreen and jolting my body forward. My vision becomes unclear and I move my hand to my head and I look down to my hand which is now smeared with blood. "Oh my god, it's Mae Pample!" I hear a stranger say. My eyes can't stay open and I drift away.