Chapter 13

2 weeks later

I'm still shaken up about last weeks...problems, but I am getting a little better everyday.

I found out how my parents...passed. My dad's (while coming back from the business trip) plane crashed. And my mother...she was in a car crash. What's worse is nobody knows how either.

But my sister on the other hand is still sad. She walks around the carrier with an empty look in her eyes. She doesn't speak unless spoken to. It's a little depressing to see my strong sister in such a dark state.

To keep my mind off of things I focus on little projects here and there. Art projects that is. I brought my mixed media art kit. I'm almost out of navy blue, black, red, and white. That's all I been using on my canvases.

Today, I have a meeting with Fury. Why? I don't know but hey meetings...fun.

"Are you going to the meeting," I ask Jack ass as he lays on my bed while I paint navy blue roses with red highlights and tips.

"Yeah, it's mandatory according to Clint," he says. He's chucking a rolled up ball of socks up in the air then catching it. I set down my brush into my mason jar filled with dirty paint water.

"Done," I sigh.

"Let me see," he pushes me to the floor on purpose.

"Don't touch it," I say standing up and punching it in the shoulder. I check my watch. An hour till the meeting.

"I'm going to go show Sue, wanna come," I ask grabbing my painting. Sue kind of became like a motherly figure to me. Yes I know it's only been a week since...that...but she has really became a mother to me. She's helped me get back onto my feet.

"I'm actually going to go help Bruce and or Tony in the lab, see you at the meeting."

"Later bro," I say leaving my room. I carry my painting down the hall with pride. The paint surprisingly dried fast.

Someone bumps into me. I look up to see Riley. She looks better than last time I saw her.

"Hey Riley," I say "Look at what I made." She slowly takes and observes it carefully.

"You made this," she asks shocked. I nod my head.

"You are talented, like mom," she says her voice cracking in the end. I hug here for a long time. Johnny Storm walks past us and looks at my sister. Checking her out I think.

When he's out of range I lean in and whisper "I think the human torch just checked you out."

"Really?" She says shocked. Light flickers in her blue eyes for the first time in a while.

"Yes now I am going to go rip off his arms and beat him with them," I say casually and turn around. She laughs and grabs my arm. For the first time I saw her smile. I hug her tightly.

"I've missed you," I mumble in her S.H.I.E.L.D cat suit. She hugs me back.

"Well, I have to get back to work," she says handing me my painting and messing up my hair.

"Thanks, and if Johnny even gets within a 3 meter radius if you...I'll-"

"Ripe of his head yada yada okay I got to go," She quickly hugs me one last time before continuing down the hallway.

I run to Sue's room and knock on the door.

"Come in," I hear her voice. I open the door and Sue turns around from her desk to look at me.

"Did you make a new painting," she asks.

"Yep," I hand her the dark flower and wait for her reaction.

"Amazing," she says.

"Thanks, do you want it," I ask.

"I couldn't," she looks at me.

"Please it's a..early Christmas gift," I say. She says thanks and I leave her be so she can work on whatever she works on.

I look at my watch I have a half and hour to kill. GAH!

I wonder what's Jack is doing? Oh right helping Tony. Well I have nothing else to do.

***lab***

"Tony hey Tony...Tony Tony Tony Hey Hey Hey Tony Guess what," I repeated for the 207th time in 15 minutes.

"What is your goal here? You literally waltzed in here and started poking, prodding, and repeated my name multiple times. I mean I don't mind the last one but now it's getting annoying." he says.

"My goal is to bug you until the meeting which is in 14 minutes," I answer "and another goal is to see how long until you break."

This continues on for another 12 minutes. And within those 12 minutes Jack has managed not to spill a snot yellow liquid onto the floor while cracking up, Tony has whacked my hand 42 times, and Banner has completely ignored all of it.

I check my invisible watch.

"It's half past nothing so we need to go," I blurt out.

I turn around and hook arms with Jack.

"Mr. Gibbs will you go fetch my hat," I say in a British accent (A/N:thumbs up for you if you know what character she's trying to copy.)

"Aye Captain," Jack answers in his Mr. Gibbs impression. We start prancing down the halls singing A Pirates Life for me.

"WE'RE DEVILS AND BLACK SHEEP WE'RE REALLY BAD EGGS DRINK UP ME HEARTIES YO HO YO HO YO HO A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME!" we screech.

Stopping dead as the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Riley, and Nick fury all stare at us with weird looks. All eyes on us as we slowly make our ways to the conference table. Slowly Jack and I sit in chairs next to Riley and Nick, who is obviously sitting at the head.

"What's this meeting about," Johnny asks.

"Them," he points to us. All eyes on us once again.

On instinct I reply "It wasn't me! Jack forced me to do it! He did it!" I point to Jack who rolls his eyes. I sink in my chair knowing that's not what this is about.

"It's about moving you from the helicarrier," Nick says. My sister stands up and slams her hands on the table.

"She is not moving Director I am her guardian, and sister, and I not allow it," she slams her hands once more on the table.

"You can go Agent Barnes if you want, let me explain," Dr. Fury says. My sister sits down again. I look around the room. Most eyes are on the Director except mine and Johnny's, who is in fact looking at my sister. I sit up and bore my eyes into Johnny's skull. He doesn't notice. Oh he's dead now son!

Nick continues," I was thinking Avengers tower."

Tony jumps in "Stark Towers, and I did not allow that. She is not allowed. She is crazy and insane. And I didn't agree to this." He gets a slap from Natasha in the back of the head.

"Stark, she is going, same with the rest of the Avengers and Fantastic four," he states. Immediately everything erupts in chaos. Protests and complaints from both sides.

"Hey," I say no one hears "HEy," I say a little louder "OI SHUT IT ALL OF YOU." I scream. Everyone stops.

"Thank you, as I was saying. She is, as the rest of you, is moving to the towers because we don't think it's safe for her to be here." Fury says.

"Why does everyone else have to though," Johnny asks.

" Because we found a threat that wants to collect them," he points to us," to work for them." Fury answers. "Anymore questions."

I raise my hand "What is the threat?" I ask. He ignores this.

"Dismissed," he says and stands up and leaves the room.

This thanksgiving will be a disaster.