Chapter 26

"You just ran?" Newt says.

"I just ran." I replied.

Newt starts rubbing his face with his hands. I guess he's trying to grip that GIRLS CAN RUN!

"No way greenie," Minho says.

"Why not, because I'm a girl," I cross my arms. How? They let go of me.

"Nobody runs out of the maze at night," Minho says.

"Why not," I ask.

"Because the doors close," Newt says like it is obvious. I shrugged my shoulders.

"There's more then one way out," I reply.

"What is that supposed to mean," Minho says looking at me.

"It means, I ran up the wall then ran down without anyone seeing me," I answer causally. They look at me like I'm crazy.

"She's mad," Newt says. I put my hands on my hips.

"I'll prove it," I stand up and run up to the top of the nearest wall easily. I look down to two boys...looking for someone.

"UP HERE," I yell cupping my hands around my mouth to make it louder. They both look at my direction...mouths open. I run back down and up the ladder. Sneaking up behind Newt. I tap his shoulder. He turns around with wide eyes.

"Bloody," he didn't finish. All of a sudden the doors open with a loud grinding sound. Minho pats Newt on the shoulder good-bye I guess. He starts to run across the field towards the opening.

I sit down besides Newt.

"Now what," I ask.

.·*·.·*.·*·.·*·.·*·.·*·.·*.·*·.·*·.·*·.·*·.·*.·*·.·*·.·*

"What you're saying is she ran out of the Maze...at night," I hear Alby's voice through th we door.

After Minho came back with the other runners, Newt went and told Alby about my amazing survival. So I just wait outside of the building waiting for the final decision.

I look up from the floor to see Chuck walking over to me. I wave hello and continue to look at the floor.

"I heard what happened," Chuck says excitedly.

"About how I escaped the maze at midnight."

"Why didn't you say anything!'' Chuck yells.

"Cause U didn't know," I use the same tone as Chuck.

"Your strange greenie," Chuck mumbles.

"By the way my name is Ren, short for Kathrine," I say,

"And if you call me Kathrine, I will hurt you." I say very seriously.

"Are all girls like this," I hear him mumble again. I shrug.

"You thought I was gone for good didn't ya," I ask.

"I did," Chuck says. I ruffle his hair.

"You can't get rid of me that easy," I say. He smiles. Something about Chuck reminds me of someone. In the back of my mind. I can't grab a hold of who or what it is.

"Hey green-er Ren, we have our decision," Newt says exiting the building.

"And it is..." I move my hand in a continue motion.

"You get to stay," He says. I pump my fists in the air.

"But," he starts again.

"Ugh, what is it," I whine.

"You can't do your 'running' or whatever you call it," Newt says. I nod my head.

"From now on, you're a glader," Newt says.

A/N

Okay...not to long ago I hit four hundred reads...

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

You don't know how much this means to me!

I just wanna say thanks!

Read, vote, and comment...They make my day!

~KiwiJFerris