Chapter 15

I stare at my white ceiling. My soft full size bed feels like felt (from the covers, THEY ARE SO SOFT I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING OH MY GOD.) They baby blue walls compliment the black bedspread. And on the other side of the room is a giant window looking at the other buildings that surround the Avengers tower.

I get up to sit on the window bench with the yellow, pink, and white cushions. I view the people walking around on the sidewalks. It's weird to think that you can view people without them knowing. They don't know you're there in the shadows.

I'm only in my room because I'm waiting for my sister to come back from our house to get my furry friends. Sure I might have gone with Pepper's answer instead of Tony's but hey it all works out. A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts.

"Do you ever wonder about ducks," I ask.

"Only if it's raining," my sister answers. I refuse to let anyone in my room unless it's my sister at the moment. Why, because I feel like being alone. Did I mention it's Thanksgiving eve. Yes I count down the hours until you get to eat your weight in food and no one can judge because they're doing the same thing. Anyhow.

"Did you bring my furry friends," I ask immediately. My question is quickly answered when the sound of claws clicking against the wood. I get down on one knee and open my arms. Shasta sprints full speed towards me and into my arms. Her slober covers my face. Her rancid breath fills my nostrils. I hold my breath and hug her tightly. My face now buried in her fur.

"What no thank you," my sister points out my rudeness. My face is lifted from the warm coat to look at her face.

"You called me a mistake...we're square," I point out glaring. She shrugs.

"Acting, I had to keep my cover," she says and walks out of the room. Iggy curls up into a ball and lays on the felt bedspread quickly falling asleep.

Shasta's head rests on my lap. My back is pressed against the bench. I slowly stroke her fur. I close my eyes and listen to the sound of nothing.

"This is far to pleasent isn't it," a fimilar voices speaks breaking the silence. My eyes shoot open. My dog starts growling and baring her teeth. I notice a man with a green outfit. His black hair is slicked back...shit.

"Loki," I whisper. I stare at the (puny) god. I scoot away into the wall. Knowing what he's capable of, at the moment...I'm terrified. He gives a dark chuckle. Acting brave (KEY WORD: ACTING), I sneer "What are you doing here, Joki."

"My dear, let's not say things we might regret," he says stepping closer.

"Jarvis," my voice is high pitched. Again Loki gives off a quiet chuckle. Slowly making his way towards me, trying to intimidate me. Pft it's...totally working. I'm absolutely terrified at the moment.

"Darling they cannot see nor hear us," he says. He's now face to face with me. I go to punch his throat but he grabs me by the throat instead and pins me to the wall. I claw at his hand trying to let myself breath.

"F you," I manage to get out. Loki laughs...yet again. How can someone so hot be so...evil. Like all the hot ones have some problem. His is he wants to rule Earth/Midgard/Tera.

"That's not very kind, Lady Barnes...and these might be the last words you might ever speak," he says. I smirk. Then bring up my legs and kick his face. His grasp is loosened/ gone when he falls. I let in big gulps of air. I lay sprawled on the floor. I hear growls and snaps. I open my eyes to see a caramel dog attacking Loki. Karma.

I sprint to the door and kick it open.

"JARVIS ALERT EVERYONE LOKI IS IN THE BUILD-," I am cut off by someone grabbing my ankle and dragging me to the floor. My chin hits the hard wooden floor. My jaw clamps shut onto my tongue. It didn't go all the way through, but a metallic taste of blood fills my mouth. Oh yes tasty.

"Stupid girl," Loki says as he kicks my ribs. Air is forced out of my body.

"Is that all you got," I croak. I look at his evil smirk. A boot makes contact with my face.

I wake up in the lab. I feel...different. My eyes focus on my surroundings. Tony, Bruce, Riley, and Jack all crowd around the table staring at me.

"May I help you,"I ask them all. Riley wrap her arms around my neck.

"I thought he did something terrible to you, and I thought I lost you too," she mumbled.

"What, Loki, he's nothing," I say sarcastically. My sister chuckles a little. I push her off. Everyone else still looks worried. "What?"

"There's no easy way to say this," Tony starts," you're a mutant." What?!

"How-how what, I am, how do you know this for sure," I ask a little worried. Sure mutants are cool, but I've seen some pretty ugly looking powers. No offense to them.

"We took some blood and your DNA speed up your aging process and then slowed it down," Bruce explains," And you also gained the power to move your body at an alarming rate."

"Meaning," I was at a complete loss. I look to Jack for an explanation.

"You aged quickly then stopped for a little while and gained super speed," he answers. What?! This is cool yet alarming. I look at my hands then feel my face.

"Can I have a mirror please," I ask politely. Even my voice sounds a little difference. Riley grabs a hand mirror from the table behind her. I hold it in front of my face.

My hair is longer but still frizzy and curly. My face is a lightly slimmer then before. My body has grown. I'm taller then before. And other changes. I-just-wow.

"Yep, this is different," I say after setting the mirror back on the table. "Very different."