Chapter 19

"So you're a friend of Peter," Aunt May asks while cutting her pancakes. I stayed over night on the couch. I didn't wanna go back to the tower...yet.

I nod my head mouth full of pancakes.

"How did you two meet," she asks. At this moment usually I would say 'what is this twenty questions,' but she's so kind it's hard to say it.

"We met at..." I start.

"The market."

"The park." Peter says at the same time.

"The park."

"The market." he answers. I mentally face palm.

"At the market near Central Park." I answer smiling. She nods her head obviously not believing us.

"How old are you," Aunt May asks.

"Twenty," I answer.

"She close to your age Peter," she whispers, "And very pretty."

Man she's a loud whisperer. Peter blush a little and rubs the back of his neck.

"Ren don't we have to do that thing," he says trying to get out of this conversation before anything important is spilled.

"Oh right that thing," I answer. I push my chair out and grab my plate. "Thank you so much Aunt May for everything."

"It's alright," she says. I put my plate in the sink and head upstairs with Peter.

I check my phone.

9-missed calls and messages Jack

1- missed call Steve

3-Tony messages

1-Fury😟...

"Hey Peter," I ask.

"Yeah," he answers going through his closet.

"Would it be okay if I took a shower," I ask. He nods and chucks a sweatshirt in my direction. I grab it. "Thanks. Could you..."

"Yeah, yeah," he answers and walks out of the room.

**one weirdly quick shower and change later**

Peter and I just ended up walking around New York. Him in a hoodie and jeans. And me in his hoodie with leggings from yesterday.

"Now what," he asks looking at me.

"I don't know," I say looking at the concrete playing with the silver box in my pocket.

"Don't you think Tony and everyone is worried," he asks.

I look at him, "Sounds like your trying to get rid of me."

"No no I just-" I punch his shoulder.

"I'm just messing with you Pete, where are we going," I ask.

"We're meeting a friend of mine," he says.

I kick a stone into the street, "Who be that friend," I ask.

"Harry Osborn," he says calmly.

"I met him yesterday," I reply, "By literally running into him."

"First day with the new powers," he asks chuckling. I frown at the comment. My dad would always use that expression. I was a klutz with...well everything. So he'd say things like first day with the new hands or something like that.

"Ren I'm only kidding," he says.

"It's not that, it's just," I sigh, "My dad always said things like that." I smile a little. "You're a lot like him Peter. Kind, smart, funny..."