Chapter 36

I shot up from the bed. Breathing heavily my eyes darting to see where I am. I notice a chair on the opposite side of the room...with a sleeping figure. I squint in the dark of the the night trying to make out the figure. His chest slowly rising and falling with even breaths.

He's to tall to be Chuck...and Minho wouldn't do that for me...Alb- *internal laughing*
That leaves...Newt.

I grab the pillow that My head was on a few minutes ago from behind me. I aim it at the sleeping boy, and FIRE! It hits him square in the face and he falls to the floor from the chair. I start snorting along with laughing like a dying seal.

"Bloody- REN!" He jumps up from the floor and runs over to me to engulf me in a tight hug. He spins me around before setting me back onto the bed.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Let's see, since you got up with a pillow hitting your face," I answer.

"You broke your promise," He says. I punch his shoulder lightly.

"I don't promise shuck face. How long were you watching me sleep this time?"

"You were out for three days so...three days," he answers, "As creepy as it sounds, I watched you for three days while you slept."

"Not creepy at all, you were worried- WAIT THREE DAYS!" I yell. Newt shushes me because of my loudness.

"Yes, you were thrashing around, mumbling, and drinking a ton of water," he adds, "But, I never left your side."

"Well I wonder wh-" I stop short. I notice a smirking figure in the shadows, staff or spear glowing blue in the darkness.

"What's wrong?" Newt asks. I blink a few times the figure doesn't move or disappears.

"L...Loki," I whisper.

"Who's-" Before Newt could say another word, Loki's spear is plunged through Newt's back. It pulls back covered in red blood...Newt's blood. I shriek as Newt falls to the floor dead. Loki just stands there...laughing.

Again I wake up, this time screaming. I sit up straight ignoring the pain in my stomach. I pant heavily and check the bright room. Morning....it's morning. I frantically look around the room once again. No Loki...or dead Newt...or anyone.

Someone bursts through the door. Newt. He runs over and hugs me...déjà vu. I bury my face in his chest, tears falling down my face. He rubs my back.

"Are you okay Kat?" He asks worried.

"Bad dream," I say swallowing the tears. My voice sounds hoarse like I've been screaming...and dry...very dry. It hurts to talk.

"You've been out for three days," he says.

"I know," I answer wiping sweat from my forehead...gross.

"What do-"

I put up a hand to stop him, "I don't wanna explain."

"I'll go get Clint or Jeff," He says exiting the room. Only for Chuck to run in after he leaves. He hugs me and I hug back. I ruffle up his hair.

"Hey kid," I say laying back down.

"You sound terrible," Chuck says. I laugh a little.

"I know," I smile.

"You scared the klunk outta me, I thought you weren't going to wake up!"

"I told you, ain't getting rid of me that easy," I cough.

Chuck grabs water off of the table next to the cot. I gladly take it and drink it in one gulp.

"I have to go," Chuck says. I wave bye as he walks out the door. Alone...with my thoughts. I close my eyes. Listening to the noise of boys working around the glade. I hear the door open to reveal one of two med jacks.

"How ya feeling greenie," Clint, I think asks.

"Truthfully, I feel like I'm on fire inside, cold outside, parched, and head ache."

"Sounds like a fever," he concludes. He hands me this red liquid in a tiny glass.

"What's this," I ask. I look at the clear red liquid.

"Drink it, it'll make you feel better," He urges.

"You're not drugging me ar-"

"Just drink it!" I drink the red liquid...and it taste like...crap...no other way to put it...like crap. I start coughing.

"What did you expect?"Clint asks.

"I'm going back to bed," I mumble he starts to walk out the door, "WAIT! May I please have some water?"

"Sure," He says filling up my cup.

"Thanks," I mumble and fall back asleep.

.•*•.

"You said she was awake," Someone says...Minho.

"She was...two hours ago." Newt responds.

I bury my face deeper into the pillow and mumble, "Shut it!" My throat feels like sandpaper, I swear it is at the moment being.

"She's awake," Minho cheers.

I turn over to face him," I feel like crap go away."

"You look it," Minho replies earning a punch from Newt.

"Ah an asshole even when I don't feel great."

"Me?" He points to himself.

"No, I mean Newt," I say sarcastically. I turn over completely and face both of them. I slip the middle finger to Minho and they don't notice. Or so I thought.

"What's that," Minho asks.

"Middle finger," I answer voice still terrible. Minho rolls his eyes.

"Glad you feel better," he mutters. I laugh, but end up coughing.

"I'll leave you to alone," Minho says smirking at Newt, who rolls his eyes.

"How ya feeling," Newt asks softly as he sits at the end of the bed. I lay my head back onto the pillow.

"Same, but more happy," I answer.

"Why," he asks.

"You're here," I answer. Newt smiles and kisses my forehead. I stop him.

"Ah ah ah," I wave my finger back and forth, "I'm sick."

"I'll take my chances," he says and kisses me. He sits up.

"Get some rest," he says and walks away. I smile and fall back into a dreamless sleep.