Chapter 16

Every morning I wake up just the same
Another victim of ordinary fame
I don't see myself as invincible
It's not true at all

I'm just your average ordinary everyday superhero
Trying to save the world, but never really sure
I'm just your average ordinary everyday superhero
Nothing more than that, that's all I really am

I rub my eyes. What time is it? I pick up my phone and shut off my alarm. Did Tony change my alarm song? I roll my eyes and continue to play the song. Hey, it fits don't judge me! Everyday Superhero by smash mouth...a classic.

I push my blankets off my bed and head into the bathroom to get ready. I throw on a transformer's long sleeve shirt. It has Optimus Prime drawing on it. I am also wearing leggings. Surprisingly they both fit. Considering I am twenty years old.

I push open my door to see Johnny looking through my sketch book.

"What are you doing in my room," I ask crossing my arms. He immediately sets down the book back on the table. I lick my teeth uder my closed mouth showing him I want an answer.

"I wanted to see if you were okay," he lies... obviously. I roll my eyes.

"Why Storm, now tell me before I knock you out and drag you put of my room," I answered annoyed. I walk closer to him.

"It's true, I've seen what Loki could do so I was worried," he puts his hands in surrender.

"Well I am fine so leave," I walk behind him and push him forward towards the door.

"Did you get taller," he asks.

"Yeah and older ask Bruce, apparently I am twenty," I answer leaning against the doorway," Goodbye." I answer and slam the door on him.

I turn around and see my dogs leash on the ground. I should walk Shasta...wait...WHERE IS SHE?

I yank open the door and bolt to the penthouse (through the elevator of course.)

I arrive at the 80th floor in no time. I bolt in to see Tony in the mini bar...pouring a glass of some type of alcohol. Typical. He looks up as he sets the bottle down. I see Shasta sitting next to his feet and Iggy on one of the chairs. He points to my dog.

"Care to explain," Tony says.

"Pepper said I could, and they won't harm anyone," I whined.

"Pepper!" Tony calls. Pepper walks in from the porch.

"Yes Tony," she says.

He points at Shasta again," You let her bring a dog and cat to the tower."

"I didn't see any harm in doing so," she argues back.

"In her defense," I add,"Shasta did help me with Loki."

"I don't care, I don't want hair all over the tower."

"Tony it's not that big a deal," Pepper says.

"It is a big deal," he argues "because it went against my word. Fury put me in charge of her and I will..." I tuned out the rest and stood against the wall.

"Are they arguing again," I hear someone say behind me. I turn around to see Jack leaning against the elevator door.

"Good morning Jack," I greet him.

"Happy Thanksgiving," Jack whispers to me.

"YA FOOD ALL THE WAY," I scream pumping my fists in the air. I get a weird look from Jack, even though he should be used to it.

"Deal with it...food is my life," I cross my arms and I walk away.

I sit there on my window bench sketching out my sleeping cat. Iggy rests at my feet. I smile at how calm my cat is. I look up from my paper and look around my room. Something glistens in the drawer of my nightstand.

I place my sketchpad down slowly and stand up. I cautiously make my way over. I open the drawer expecting something to pop out at me and claw at my face. I notice two gold rings and a note. The rings were my parent's wedding rings. How did it get in my drawer...they never took them off. I look closely at them. They both have bloodstains on them tainting the gold shine.

I cover my mouth before I could scream. Tears fill my eyes. Fear over takes sadness as I reach for the note. I open the tan envelope.

Dear Kathrine,

You're mother did not die from a car crash nor your father from a plane crash...they were both brutally murdered. I can still hear their pleas to stop and cries of pain...what lovely sounds. Both slowly died...tortured. Crying for their daughters to be left alone. You have do not have to worry. Your sister is first before you.

Loki

I drop the note. A scream erupts from me. I fall to my knees and hug myself. This...can't be happening. I didn't ask for this!

Steve bursts through my door. He looks at me and rushes to me. I back away so my back is pressed against the bed. He comes closer but I shake my head.

"Ren what's wrong," he asks frantically looking around the room. My arm shakes as I point to the note. I'm almost hyperventilating. "Ren calm down it's okay." His blue eyes look into mine. I nod my head. I feel...safer.

Steve goes to pick up the note. I bring my knees closer to me. I bury my face in my leggings.

"Oh my god..."Steve whispers. I silently cry. Terrified of what's to come. Steve's arms wrap around me. I hug him back.

"Steve I'm scared," I whisper in between sobs. My whole body shaking.

"I won't let him touch you, it's okay," he whispers back. Did I hear that right? Um...its probably nothing.
Someone else enters the room.

"What is wrong," Thor asks. I hear the paper crinkle a little. I refuse to open my eyes. "Loki," Thor whispers.

"Why? What did my family have to do with this," I ask no one in particular.

"I will go tell the others," Thor says and leaves. Steve gets up to leave. I open my eyes.

"Steve," he turns around, "Can you stay?"

"Yeah," he nods his head "sure." He sits next to me on the floor.

"This is a suckish way to spend Thanksgiving," I say. Steve chuckles. "What?"

"You're worried...about Thanksgiving," he says.

"And that's a problem," I say sorta sarcastically.

"No, it's just strange," He says.

"Well, that's one of my many oddieties,"I reply. I smile a little when he laughs.

WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!! I DON'T EVEN LIKE STEVE WHAT? THIS...ignore and move on...

Jack rushes into my room. He slides on his knees to me and looks at me. He grabs my face to inspect it with one hand. I slap it away.

"What are ye doin,'' I ask in my Barbossa voice.

"What are you doing,'' he asks louder.

"No, what are ye doin,'' I yell a little louder.

"What are you doing,'' he yells loudest. We both start laughing. Captain spangles looks at us weirdly. I shrug...wow I recovered from a real death threat very quickly...and found out who killed my parents...and who is going to kill me and my sister. That's shocking...distrubing almost. MY SISTER!

Without an explaination I dash out of my room. I arrive at my sister's room in a second. Yep...I used superspeed for the first time. I open the door.

"Rilies Lo-,'' I see my sister sucking face with...Johnny Storm?! "WHAT THE HECK!"

"REN!" she screams falling off her bed. Johnny turns around. His eyes go wide.

"What is this,"I ask pointing to both of them. Johnny laughs awkwardly.

"Surprise, we're a couple," my sister says. I stare at them both.