Chapter 24

I pace back and forth in the slammer(prison.) I run my hands through my hair.

Where am I? Who am I? Why can't I remember anything? Why am I the only girl? Who put me here? Can I trust anyone? Why can't I remember my name? Who-

"So you're the new greenie," a boy says. I look in the direction of the window. Slowly I creep over to the window and look down. A short boy with curly brown hair sit below me. He can't be older than 12 or 13.

"Who are you," I ask. Looking at the boy.

"Chuckie but everyone calls me Chuck," he says looking back, "What about you greenie?"

"Why does everyone call me greenie," I ask. He shrugs.

"It's what we call the newbies," He says, "So what's your name?"

"I can't remember," I mutter.

"Don't worry it'll come back to you in a few days," he says. I slide down against the wall and bring my knees to my chest.

"You okay greenie," he asks.

"None of this makes sense," I mutter in my knees.

"Well, tomorrow you're going in the maze to be banished so,"he trails off. Immediately I bring my head up and jump to face the window.

"What why?" I asked panicking.

"Everyone voted on that during the gathering," he says putting his hands up.

"Why?" I ask gripping the rusted bars on the window.

"Ask the shanks who wanted you gone," I hear Newts voice. I spin my head to face his direction. He walks up to the window and rest his forearms on the windowsill.

"What did you vote for," I ask.

"To stay, just because you're a girl doesn't mean you should be banished," he says.

"At least someone understands," I say, "I mean the only thing that's different between guys and girls in my book is that girls have boobs and guys don't they have-"

"I get what you're saying greenie," he says chuckling.

"Well, you said it yourself...I won't last five minutes in the maze at night," I mumble.

"Bye greenie," Chuck looks at the floor and trudges away. Newt sighs and leaves me alone...with my thoughts.

I hate this place...
I hate these boys...except Chuck and Newt...
I hate how I can't remember...
I hate whoever did this...
I HATE THAT SHEEP THAT'S BAA-ING!
I HATE ALBY!
GAHSHAGAHAH

I pace back and forth running my hands through my hair. I plop onto the floor. Bored I start to examine my surroundings.

Gray walls, rusted bars, Wooden door, Forest green sweater, black jeans, brown combat boots, no memories...no family...no home...or food.

I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling. These-these gladers (so I've been told) are so-ergh!

Because I'm a girl they are throwing me in a maze with monster robotic slugs (so I've been told by Newt.)

I just need to sleep it off I guess.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

The day came quicker than expected. Throughout the day I paced back and forth scared out of my mind. Chuck gave me my lunch, but I refused I was too scared to eat. Soon enough it was time to head into the maze.

"Come on greenie," I heard Newt's voice from outside of the door. The keys jingle as they unlock my door.

I take a deep breath and walk out with my head held high. Trying to be strong. Gladers form a box pattern around me. A single tear falls down my face as I see Chuck.

I only met him yesterday, but we became good friends.

"Newt go get the poles," Alby says.

"No need, I except my fate," Alby gives me a weird look. I let out one last sigh and walk into the maze.

I turn around as I see Chuck looking at me. I give him a goodbye smile. Soon enough the doors slam shut. A horrifying screech fills the air. Let the night begin.