Chapter 25

I take a good look around my surroundings. Ivy hangs off the tall concrete walls. Darkness covers the corners. Only the moon illuminates the maze.

"Let's go," I whisper to myself. I run at a sprint looking at the changing walls.

Left, right, straight, right...

Soon enough I turn a corner sharply only to back up and hide behind the wall. I look over the corner, hidden in the shadows so I'm not seen by the beast...a griever.

A slug looking animal, metal legs sticking out of his body. Like a cyborg almost.

"What the hell," I mouth.

That thing is...ugly. And this has to be the most stupid thing I've ever done, I think to myself.

I run full speed at the Griever. Everything seems to be in slow motion. Don't ask questions just go with it. I go around the griever barely missing the tail. I look behind and laugh.

My head looks in front of me a dead end wall.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I try turning only to be running up the wall,

"PHYSICS ARE BROKEN!" I laugh loudly closing my eyes. I can't feel the wall and open my eyes. I propelled myself into the air!

I flail my arms and legs as I start to fall. My back hits the concrete, and ivy? The air leaves my lungs. Soon I don't feel pain and I can breath regular? What the-

A screech breaks my thoughts. Griever, right. I stand up and bolt at full speed over the wall to the other.

"TAKE THAT MOTHER F'er!" I yell and start laughing. That's it...I'm officially insane...I'm laughing in the face of death.

I see the glade once again. How is this going to work? I run slower when I reach the edge. What does an idiot says before they die?

"Yolo," I whisper and jump a little off the edge. I shape my body so it's horizontal and run down the side. I reach the grass and jump off.

I stop and crouch down so no one see's me. I look around and listen intensely. I only hear the sound of snoring and grievers. I see no movement except the occasionally toss and turn of a boy in a hammock.

Okay, now a plan...

Who to go to for help?

Chuck? No he's surrounded by everyone.

Newt? He has his own room...Newt it is.

Like a ninja, I creep my way over to homestead. I make my way up the stairs to Newts room.

How do I know where it is? Newt gave me the tour while I was in my cell sorta...okay not really...but his names on the door to my left soo.

Carefully I open his door. Please be asleep.

I see his body asleep on his bed. His chest rises and falls in an even pattern. Thank The Lord! I slowly close the door. I silently make my way over to him. His mouth slightly parted. He's so cute when he sleeps! What did I just think? Nope, ignore and move on.

I put my hand over his mouth so he doesn't scream. His eyes shoot open. He grabs my wrist and pulls it off.

"Greenie!" He whisper yells.

"Shut it, shank," I whisper back. He chuckles quietly.

"What?" I ask puzzled.

"You've been here a day and you're using glader slang," he says shaking his head amused. He looks at me again.

"You're dead, in the maze you-" I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth.

"I escaped," I say quickly and quietly.

"How'd-"

"I'll explain in the morning," I wave it off, "Did you by any chance hear whoops and cheers?" I look down and start playing with my thumbs.

"That was you!" He whisper yells. I nod my head.

"Could I, by any chance, sleep on the floor till we figure everything out in the morning?" I ask. He nods his head.

"Sleep on that side," he points to the far side from the door, "incase someone comes in."

I nod my head and lay down on the other side of the bed.

"Night Newt," I say quietly.

"Night greenie," he replies sleepily.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

"How'd she do it," I hear a boys voice.

"I would tell you if I knew," Newt replies.

"You're to loud," I say my face in the floor.

"Rise and shine greenie," I hear the boy's voice.

"Does it look like I wanna wake up," I ask.

"Your hair certainly doesn't," The boy says. I immediately sit up.

"What's wrong with my hair," I ask touching my hair. I look at Newt and his buddy. The boy has spiky black hair and he looks Asian.

"It looks like a bloody rats nest," says Newt chuckling. I narrow my eyes and hit his arm.

"How'd you escape greenie," the boy asks.

"Can't I wake up first," I whine.

"Nope," Newt says. One of them picks me up and slings me over there shoulders. I see Newt smiling.

"Whatcha smiling at British boy," I ask.

"Nothing," he replies.

"Mmm Mmh," I roll my eyes, "Can I learn the name of my kidnapper."

"Minho," Minho answers.

"Well Minho," I start out sweet," Put me down."

"You won't run," I roll my eyes at him.

"No," I reply...lying would be more like it.

"Okay then," he sets me on the ground. I sprint down the stairs. Again everything is in slow motion. I look behind me and see they're just coming down the stairs.

I rush over to the look out and see my oranges are still there. I rush up the latter and sit up there.

" Where'd she go," I hear Newt whisper.

"She's such a shuck face,"I hear Minho say. Wow, that means a lot...I'm touched.

"Just let's find your girlfriend," Minho says.

"She's not my girlfriend," Newt snaps back in a whisper yell.

I make myself as small as possible in the corner. Please don't find me, PLEASE don't find me! I close my eyes and beg that over and over again.

Someone's hand covers my mouth. I scream and my eyes shoot open to find Newt and Minho. I lick Newt's hand. He pulls back disgusted. I try to bolt up and run, but they pin my arms to the wall. Minho left and Newt right.

"Are all girls like this," Newt asks. I try to kick my way out.

"Let me go-"

"Where to the maze? There's no where to run greenie" Minho asks. I stop kicking and sigh in defeat.

"So greenie-"

"Ren." I snap out of no where. I look up.

"Katherine...KATHERINE, MY NAME IS REN!" I scream excitedly. Minho covers my mouth. I give him the 'do you really wanna be doing that' look. Slowly his hand retracts.

"Ren, how did you get out of the maze," Minho asks.

"Same way I escaped you guys, I ran."