Chapter 39

I sit in the small grass patch by the lake. Picking up little yellow and white flowers, while singing the song that I've remembered. Weaving the flowers together.

I finally weave the last flower together with the rest creating a flower crown. I stand up and spin in circles. My dress flys up. Quickly I stop.

"REN? Is that you?" I hear Newt.

I stop spinning, "Yeah!"

Newt appears from the tree line. I run up to him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Someone's happy," he says.

"You'll never believe what has happened to me!" I say giggling.

"What is it love," he asks.

"I remembered a song!"

"Really?!" He says shocked.

I put a finger in his lips, "Don't tell anyone...especially Alby."

"But-" I look him dead in the eye.

"Newt, it's probably nothing...so let's just be happy."

"Can you sing it for me," he asks. I smile and nod. I let go of his neck and start walking and spinning around with the music in my head.

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go I can't do it alone I've tried
And I don't know why"

"Slow it down
Make it stop
Or else my heart is going to pop
'Cause it's too much
Yeah, it's a lot
To be something I'm not"

"I'm a fool
Out of love
'Cause I just can't get enough"

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go I can't do it alone I've tried
And I don't know why"

"I'm just a little girl lost in the moment
I'm so scared but I don't show it
I can't figure it out
It's bringing me down I know
I've got to let it go
And just enjoy the show"

"The sun is hot
In the sky
Just like a giant spotlight
The people follow the sign
And synchronize in time
It's a joke
Nobody knows
They've got a ticket to that show
Yeah"

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I dont know where to go I can't do it alone I've tried
And I don't know why"

"I'm just a little girl lost in the moment
I'm so scared but I don't show it
I can't figure it out
It's bringing me down I know
I've got to let it go
And just enjoy the show"

"Just enjoy the show"

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I dont know where to go I can't do it alone I've tried
And I don't know why"

"I'm just a little girl lost in the moment
I'm so scared but I don't show it
I can't figure it out
It's bringing me down I know
I've got to let it go
And just enjoy the show"

"dum de dum
dudum de dum"

"Just enjoy the show"

"dum de dum
dudum de dum"

"Just enjoy the show"

"I want my money back
I want my money back
Just enjoy the show"

"I want my money back
I want my money back
Just enjoy the show"

(The show by Lenka)

I ended up in his arms once more. I rest my forehead on his.

"Did anyone tell you you have a lovely sing voice," he says. I quickly kiss his lips.

"Maybe," I say. I rest my head on his shoulder. "Has anyone told you you're a great boyfriend?"

"Maybe," I look back up at him and smile.

"I love you," he says.

.•*•.•*•.

I move my food around on my plate not really hungry. I stare at the floor. Something felt....wrong. Not wrong, but bad. As if something was going to happen. I start messing with my hands. Then start cracking my knuckles.

"You okay there Ren?" Newt asks.

"Yeah, just a little tired," I lie. Okay, I'm actually a pretty convincing liar...which I'm proud and not proud of at the same time.

"You sure? You look a little pale," Minho says.

"Stop worrying about me, I'm just a little tired I swear," Okay it's not a complete lie. Newt puts the back of his hand to my forehead.

"Love you feel cold, like ice," he says.

"I'm..." I couldn't finish the sentence. Slowly I fall off the bench. Consumed into darkness.

I wake up in the black mist of my mind once again. I spin around to look for a way out.

"Hello?" it echoes into oblivion. Black mist all around grasping my legs. Crawling around me. Black ropes grab my arms and legs. Dragging me to the floor. My knees hit the 'ground'. I struggle trying to get out of the ropes. They rub against my skin...causing it to burn. I grit my teeth in pain.

'Hands' start pulling me back into black oblivion. Grabbing my arms, legs, and waist. Covering my mouth as I try to scream. Dragging me into the black mist with them. Nails digging into my flesh. Tear rush down my face as I scream for help. The hands and ropes tear at my skin. Only to be healed. I don't understand any of this. I shut my eyes hoping this nightmare will end.

Only for when I open to be in a pink dress with a tutu like bottom. I feel my neck to find the heart shaped necklace. No more ropes or hands. I look around...still surrounded by dark mist. Still swirling around me...dancing around...mocking me.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!" I scream falling onto the 'ground' crying. Something starts to crawl up my arm. Slowly crawling up my arm like a spider. I look over blinking away the tears that blur my vision. I see a oil black substance climbing it's way up my arm. It's almost saying...everything's okay.

I smile at the thought, only for it to freeze into ragged edges piercing my skin. I scream in agony. It looks like ice, but feels like burning sensation along my arms. Sharp edges bury deeper into my skin...causing me to bleed black blood.

"WHO'S DOING THIS," I cry out.

Something whispers behind me...watching me from the shadows, "Yourself."

Everything comes out at once. Trying to drag me to the depths of nothing. To bury me in shadows. High pitched screams and laughter fill the air.

Fingernails dig into my flesh once again...making me bleed black once more.

"HELP ME PLEASE!" I plead as silver tears fall onto my lap. Like a metallic shimmer. Another slowly falls from my eye onto the ground this time.

A ripple sweeps the floor. Ridding the hands, ropes, and mist. The screams cease to silence.

I curl into a ball. traumatized. Crying silver tears. Never has anything so...terrifying has happened to me.

"She stopped thrashing...only crying silver..." I hear Jeff voice echo throughout my mind. The outside sounds fill my
mind.

I hug my knees tighter to my chest...wanting this all to be over.