Chapter 31

"Jack your such an asshole!" Cake plastered on the young girl's face.

"Katherine, we do not use that word," an older women yells. She looks similar to the young girl...concluding...that's the mother. Wait...KATHERINE! THAT'S MY NAME! THAT'S ME! THE 10 YEAR OLD GIRL IS ME!

I tackle the boy, Jack, to the ground. Wiping the cake off my or her face and wiping it on the boy.

"There we go Jack-Ass," her face lights up, "THAT'S YOUR NEW NICKNAME!"

"Then yours is Ren." the boy says.

"BFF'S!" I squeal.

"Too girly for me," He says.

"How about Superheros," she asks.

"Okay!"

"Teamates, promise to follow me in and out of danger no matter how terrible it is," I ask holding out my pinky.

"Only cause it's your birthday," he shakes my pinky.

"Is she waking up?" I hear someone ask.

"I think so," I hear another.

"Shut your shucking mouths I'm dreaming," I groan turning over to put my face into the pillow.

"She's up," I hear Newt say.

"Great, yeah I'm up now let me sleep," I mumble into the pillow.

"No, you need to answer questions," Alby says.

I internally roll my eyes, "Alby let me sleep."

"Stop playing games," Alby says.

"Can't hear you I'm asleep," I fake snore.

"Ren wake up," Newt says. Floorboards creak and someone whispers something.

"Katherine wake up," Minho says. I burst open my eyes and stand up. I causally walk over to Minho, smile, then slap him staright across the face.

I look him straight in the eye, "Never call me Katherine."

"You said she wouldn't do anything," Minho says to whoever is behind me. I turn around to look at Newt and Alby.

"No one calls me Katherine unless they wanna get hurt, add that to your rules," I flop back onto the cot again and curl up under the sheets.

Someone (most likely Alby) groans at my actions. More people whisper.

"One, Two..."

"What are you guys do-"

"THREE," My hospital cot is filpped over rolling me onto the floor.

I raise my hand over the cot. The middle finger.

"Pass it around to all of you shanks," I say waving it in the air.

They all laugh. Newt is the only one that comes to my side and helps me up. I dust myself off and glare at the other two. I wonder how much longer we're going to be here? And who's Jack...Jack ass...he's...TALKING to me! HE WAS THE PERSON...AND I...NOT EVEN MY THOUGHTS MAKE SENSE!

"Greenie you okay," Alby asks waving a hand in front of my face. I blink a few times.

"Fine...I'm just...lost in thought," I answer, "Quick question were you all watching me sleep?"

"He was," Minho says pointing to Newt.

"I was concerned," Newt says. I look over to Minho. He's mouthing...he's likes you. My eyes go wide and I look at the floor. What...he...couldn't....it's not...I have no words. Or thoughts.

"Greenie, Ren, Kat, Kathy, Kitty," Newt trying to get my attention.

"What," I ask.

"What happened," Alby says.

"When," I ask.

"Before you fainted," Alby says.

"Sorry," I ask not being able to pay attention.

"Alby, she just woke up let her get adjusted," Newt says.

Alby mumbles something and walks out of the room. Leaving Newt, Minho, and I. Not even the Medjacks (doctors.)

"How long was I out," I ask.

"Two days," Minho says arms crossed, "I have stuff to do." Lies...he pats Newts shoulder and leaves. Closing the door as he leaves. I flip the cot back over and sit in it. My face buried in my hands.

"Who's Jack," Newt says.

"I think...he was someone I knew...best friends I think...I can't remember," I say. A tear runs down the side of my face. I can't even remember who I spent the most time with. I feel a hand wipe the tear away. It's Newts. I look up into his eyes and smile. He smiles back. I feel all warm inside.

"What happened Kat," Newt asks.

"Kat...I like it," I say smiling, "Yours is still British Boy." He rolls his eyes, so I laugh.

"What happened Kat, before you fainted."

"A headache," I say.

"What happened," Newt says more serious like.

"I don't honestly know," I reply, "I was talking to you when something burst in my mind....someone was...yelling my name telling me to wake up...I don't know."

"That sounds...bad," Newt says.

"No shit," I mumble, "And hurts like hell."

"Promise me something," Newt says.

"Uh oh," I say sarcastically.

"Don't pass out that long," Newt says.

"I have no such promises," I say.

"Kat."

"Fine," I stick out my pinky and wrap mine with his.

"So," I start, "You were watching me sleep."

"That sounds extremely creepy."

"Because it is ya shuck face," I say laughing.

"I was worried you're the new greenie and all so-" I put my hand up to stop his sad attempt at lying.

"Minho told me," I say. Newt immediately stops and goes red.

"He did," He says. I nod. "I'll kill that shuck face."

"It's okay."

"What's okay."

"You liking me."

"It is?" he says a little shocked.

"I think I like you too. Where's my sketch book." he shrugs.

"Liar, you and Minho tried opening it I know it. Give." I hold out mt hand. He puts the book in it. I grab the key from my bra. Yes, I hid it in my bra...don't judge me! Where else was I suppose to put it? And unlock it.

"That's where the key was." Newt says. He's a little red.

"Yes, and if you try to get the key...I'll have Alby send you to the grievers." I state very clearly. I flip to the page and show Newt.

"I...drew that the other day when I fainted, I didn't even know what I was drawing until I looked down," I admit, "And if you think I weird and creepy the-"

"It's bloody amazing," Newt says.

"Pardon."

"You're an amazing artist," he compliments.

"Oh...I did not expect that."

"Did you expect this?" He asks.

"Expect wh-" he cut me of by kissing me.

A/N

Ship name?