Chapter 8- I was under duress

Maddi's pov-

I wake up the next morning with the sun shining through my windows. I get up and walk to bathroom and jiggle the nob, it was locked.

"John B open up I gotta pee" I whine banging on the door.

"I'm in the shower, just hold it." He screams through the door. I groan and roll my eyes as I start to walk into the livingroom. When I walk in the livingroom I see JJ sleeping. He looked so peaceful and cute. I walk over bend down and kiss his cheek.

"Morning" I say as he groans I go to stand up but he grabs me and pulls me ontop of him. 

"JJ what are you doing John b could walk in." I say as he wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

"He's in the shower." JJ says before kissing me again.

"still not a mistake?" I giggle as I sit up on the side of the pull out. JJ sits up leaning against the back of the couch. 

"Definantly not" He says leaning in to kiss me. We hear the bathroom door open I quickly stand up akwardly.

"Whats up" John b says drying his hair with a towel.

"Nothing" I say trying to be casual.

"Wow JJ up before 12 pm" John B chuckles

"Okay I really need to pee now" I say running into the bathroom.

~

JJ, John b and me head to mrs.lana's place to ask her about the compass. John b is driving while JJ is in the passenger seat. Im in the back behind John B's seat staring out the window. I can't help but smile when I think about last night. I guess I was showing it because John B noticed.

"Why are you so smiley this morning" My brother asked looking at me in the rear view mirror. I straighten up and clear my throat.

"Um I don't know I'm just in a good mood." I say, I think John B believed it because he went back to looking at the road. I tune them out as we drive down the road but start to tune back in when I hear them talking about Kie.

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't atleast try with kiara. She clearly likes you" JJ tells my brother. "She's like oh john b" JJ said pretending to moan. 

"Really" John B says not amused by JJ's theory.

"yeah! Right maddi?" JJ says looking back at me. I raise my hands up in surrender as John b glares at me

"I'm not getting in the middle of this" I tell them .

"She's sketch about you diving then she kissed you." JJ says

"On the cheek" I say. JJ whipped his head around and gave me a look.

"Just saying" I shrug. After a while of them argueing about what's going on between Kie and him JJ reaches up and grabs the compass. John b jumped forward to grab it from him. The van swerved making me fall out of my seat.

"Sh*t John B" I say grabbing my side where the stiches were.

"You okay maddi" JJ said looking at me as I lift myself back in the seat.

"Yeah it's not like I just got out of the hospital or anything" I say sarcastically.

"Are your stitches good?" John B ask. I lift up the plain black t-shirt I was wearing which I matched with some blue jean shorts. They weren't ripped which was good.