Chapter 32- The break up

Song

Worst of you

By; Maisie Peters

Maddi's Pov-

10 Days. It's been 10 days since John b went out on the boat. 10 days since he took the boat into a tropical storm. 10 days since his boat went down and they never found him or the boat but nobody could survive that storm. 10 days since Shoupe told me my brother was never coming back. 10 days since i've talked to anyone. Including JJ.

Everyday for the past 10 days JJ has been here like clockwork. Pope and Kie stopped coming a couple days ago but JJ never did. My days were spent in John b's room. I only left to go to the bathroom or eat food that Kie left. I didn't want to eat at first but Kie said if I didn't she would come in here and make me.  For 10 days i've wanted to open the door but I couldn't. If I opened the door, if I saw JJ, If i was around him I would only think about the good times we had. The times we had with John b. But just like every other day JJ came. I heard him walk in and set down the food.

"Oh maddi" I heard him mutter through the door. He must've seen the picture I broke yesterday. I decieded to try to go outside after he left yesterday but that only resulted in me getting angry coming back in and breaking a picture. After I did it guilt washed over me, and a new wave of sadness came. I know I shouldn't be angry but I was. John b left me. He told me he would come back and he didn't. 

"Hey mads" JJ said sitting against the door. I heard a small thump where his head was. I mimmicked his actions sitting against the door too. Every day I would lay against the door and listen to him. He would fill me in on what happened today and try to convience me to come out.

"I fixed the picture, super glue can fix everything" He Joked. I smiled listening to his voice. "I know it's hard for you right now but please come out." JJ begs me. "Everyone is loosing hope but I promise you I won't. I'll be here everyday" his voice cracks "We- we can get through this together. I know we can. You and me Baby." A tear escapes my eye listening to him. I love JJ and I don't think i'll ever stop. But I can't drag him down with me. I can't look at his face everyday. I can't relive the memory's we've all had together, the pogues. My brother is dead. I don't want to believe it but I have to. John b couldn't survive the storm. I miss Sara too. We weren't super close but those few days we've spent together was like i've know her my whole life. 

I take a deep breath as I keep listening to JJ.

"I love you and I promise, I promise I won't give up on you. On us" Another tear slides down my cheek but I quickly wipe it off while standing up. No matter how much it hurts, I know what I have to do.  Everyone around me gets hurt. I can't let JJ be next. I take another breath as I prepare myself to open the door. I looked like a mess. I was in one of John b's Obx hoodies, we used to steal them from the local gift shops all the time. I had a pair of spandex on with it and my hair was just wavy flowing down my back. But the second you looked at my face you can tell I haven't slept in days. The bags under my eyes were so big you could see them from across the country. My hand reached out and unlocked the door. I heard JJ hop up from the door as I slowly turned the doornob and pulled the door open.

"Hey" I mutter softly. JJ comes in for a hug but I take a step back. He gets the hint and moves back.

"Hey" JJ says back in awe. He looked at me, like he was taking in every feature. I was doing the same to him. His eyes replecated the same bags that mine did only slightly smaller. His hair was messy as usual. His ocean blue eyes had a certian sadness behind them. We stood in an akward silence for a few minutes just taking in eachother. Me more than him, since who knows if he'll ever want to be around me again after this.

"Can we talk?" I ask looking down at my feet.

"Yeah, yeah" JJ nods walking over to the couch. He throws the beer bottle scattered around the couch onto the floor. We both sit next to eachother.

"listen-" I start nervously fiddling with my bracklets on my arm. 

"Wait can I say something real quick" I nod to let him know to continue. "I know it's going to be hard and take a while, but i'm here. We'll get through this together" JJ looks at me hopeful grabbing my hand. I sigh building up the courage to say what I say next.

"JJ, I don't- I don't think we can be in a relationship right now" I hold back the tears. JJ looks at me confused.

"what- what do you mean" He stutters.

"I can't, we need to break up" I say rushed standing up and gathering some stray beer bottles.

"we need to break up" He repeats standing up.

"Yeah" I say throwing the bottles into a trash bag thats just sitting on the floor.

"Maddi, i know it's go-" JJ tries to say something but I cut him off before he makes it any harder.

"JJ please just let me go" I wipe a few stray tears from my cheek before turning to him. 

"No, No! I won't. I'm not going to give up on us" JJ fights back walking closer.

"JJ don't you see there is no us!" I shout letting more tears escape.

"Mad-" 

"Please JJ, please just go" My voice quivers as I point towards the door. He hangs his head before walking out the door slamming it behind me. Once he's gone I plop on the couch letting a few more sobs out. I sit on the couch for a bit watching the clock tik until i've decieded I had enough. I grab the Keys to the twinkie and walk out my door. The moon reflects off the water as I walk over to the car. I see one of John b's bandana's on the dash. I grab it and tie it around my wrist before starting the car and driving off. For the first time in 10 day's i'm leaving the Chatuea.

They broke up :( I know this chapter is short, they'll be longer soon! Make sure to Vote and comment!