Chapter 46-meet me inside

Chapter 46- meet me inside

Song-

Undrunk

By; fletcher

Maddi's pov-

We were all piled into the van driving back from a surf day. The waves were perfect today which meant surfing. And that's exactly what we did. The salty water made my hair extra wavy over my shoulders. My cheeks were sun kissed from my lack of applying sun screen (which I never do). I was leaning my head on Kie's shoulder as they discussed the gold. We decided to work out a plan on how to get it but wait a few weeks to go through with it.

"We could ride the ferry and then rent a car" JJ suggests. He was driving the van. Pope sat next to him while Kie and I shared the bench. Topper sat directly behind Pope.

"Where do you plan to get all that money from? Besides most of us are still on thin ice after the whole John b thing" Pope shoots down his idea. JJ groans and hits his head on the back of his seat before turning his focus back on the road.

"We have a few weeks to figure that out" I say optimistically lifting my head up. I look up at the rear view mirror to see JJ already looking at me. He shoots me a quick wink before looking back at the road. I look down at the floor trying to cover my blush.

~

We get to the chateau and gather around the fire. I sit in front of Kie who is sitting on a log next to Pope. She braids my hair while the other boys throw some sticks into the fire.

JJ keeps looking to me. Our eyes will meet for a second before one of us look away. Tension was high. Once Kie ties my hair in 2 French braids I get up and sit by a log by myself. I pull some baby hairs down to frame my face. Topper and JJ finish making the fire. Top sits in a lawn chair across from me.

JJ walks over and leans down over my shoulder. I look to make sure no one is looking. Kie, Top and Pope are caught up in a conversation. JJ's hot breath brushes against my ear sending chills down my spine.

"Meet me inside in 5" He whispers into my ear. His words make my heart double it's pace. After that he stands up clearing his throat. He makes up some excuse about going to the bathroom and walks inside. I wait a few minutes before I stand up.

"Where are you going?" Kie questions.

"Oh um... to get more drinks" I lie. They all seem to buy it and go back to talking. I walk back into the chateau.

"JJ?" I ask walking into my room where my door is open. I walk in and the door shuts behind me. JJ pushes me lightly into the door pressing both of his hands against the door hovering over me with a smile. I lightly hit his chest. "Don't do that you scared me"

"I'm sorry" he says with a smile and a small chuckle before leaning in and kissing me. I return the kiss deeper before he pulls back. "I just really wanted to do this"

I roll my eyes with a smile before bringing his head back down to meet my lips. We kiss for a bit before deciding the group might get suspicious. JJ goes out first while I go into the kitchen to grab some snacks and drinks. I walk out with a bowl of chips and a bottle of vodka. After handing the chips to Topper I take a swig of the vodka before passing it to Kie who does the same.

We repeat the process in the group for a little while and next thing you know we are all drunk. And not just a little drunk. I mean blackout drunk. None of us were thinking straight and we were lucky the fire went out a while ago a because if not someone would have fallen in by now. Topper invited Anna the girl he met from the party over a little after we started drinking and she caught up fast. She was awesome. I could tell we would get along great. And we definitely did.

Kie, Anna and I were all dancing together to some random song playing on the speaker. The boys soon joined in each taking one of us. Pope took Kie of course along with Topper and Anna. The song was upbeat so JJ and I were bouncing around together.

I hopped up on JJ's back. My arms were wrapped around his neck one of my hand held a bottle of vodka. My legs went around his waist. He moved his hands to my thighs gripping them tightly so I don't fall. It was as if I was a feather on his back. He continued dancing no problem.

Kie took another shot and I lifted both of my arms to congratulate her but that only caused me to loose my balance and fall off of JJ's back onto the hard ground. Everyone stopped and ran over to me.

"Sh*t mads you okay?" Topper asked concerned. I sat up gripping my head which I honestly couldn't feel.

"That's gonna hurt like a b*tch in the morning" I groan before taking another swig of the drink and hopping up. They all shout and laugh as I stand up with a little help from JJ. We almost start dancing again when the speaker beeps and then shuts off.

"What happened?" Anna slurs out. Anna stands at about 5'6. She has long black hair and is gorgeous. Her green eyes match the grass on a bright summer day. And her personality matches her beauty. She is kind hearted, sweet and funny. We already get along great.

"J fix it" I pout sticking out my bottom lip. He flicks it with a smile before going over to the speaker. With one hand he lifts it up and turns back to us.

"It's dead" he deadpans. We all groan and mutter something.

"What are we gonna do now?" Kie wonders. We all look to each other and Anna's eyes light up.

"How about truth or dare" she suggests. I clap my hands before grabbing onto JJ's bicep. Although he's tipsy he's not as drunk as us girls. I don't think any of the guys are. Pope did drink some after some begging from Kie and I. Topper drank a lot too but JJ and him hold their alcohol better than we do.

"I love it! Let's do it!" I exclaim dragging JJ by his bicep over to one of the logs that surround the fire. Pope gets it started back up so we can see each other. Each couple sits on their own log around the fire where we can still see each other.

"Who's going first?" Topper asks. I point to Pope and for some reason everyone agrees.

"Okay...um. Truth or dare Topper?" Pope looks to Topper. All eyes shoot to him.

"Dare I guess"

"I dare you too jump into the marsh"

After Topper jumps into the marsh we all take turns for a bit doing stupid drunk dares and meaningless truths. It gets to Kies turn who is basically laying on Pope almost asleep  but perks up at the sound of her name.

"Truth or dare Maddi?" Kie slurs. I think for a second before replying.

"Dare" I say confidently. JJ and I sat next to each other on the log but not as close as the other couples were. He had his hand on my lower back to keep me from falling backwards.

"Okay... lemme think.... oh I got one!" She looks to me then JJ. A sly smirk erupts on her face. Oh god Kie what are you gonna do?

"I dare you to kiss JJ" she giggles. We both look to each other. As we lean in Kie almost falls off of the log. Pope catches her before she hits the ground.

"I think I'm gonna her her to bed" Pope states. We all nod before Topper speaks up.

"Yeah I'm gonna get her to bed too" he says looking to Anna who's asleep on his shoulder. "Night guys" he tells me and JJ following behind Pope and Kie walking inside the chateau. JJ and I sit in silence for a minute before he stands up.

I jump up after him grabbing his hand. He spins around and I quickly kiss him. I don't know if it's the alcohol... wait no I do. The alcohol gave me wayyy to much confidence.

"What's that for?" He chuckles.

"I never back down on a dare" I wink before pushing past him and starting my walk inside. He stands there staring at me for a minute before I turn around walking backwards.

"You coming or what?!" With this he quickly runs to me wrapping an arm around my waist and spinning me before leading me inside to my room.

Here's a more happy chapter! (But don't worry more drama soon😉)