Chapter 12- I love you but I don't think I can be around you.

Maddi's pov-

We all decieded to go back to the chateau after we left the wreck. Once we got home I went inside and changed. I threw on a pair of black spandex and a tank top that was a little too small and showed some of my stomach. I didn't really care because it's no worse than a bikini. 

When I walked back outside John b and pope were both laying in some chairs. Kie and JJ both laid in different hammocks. I went and layed in the hammock with JJ. He wrapped his arm around me as we rocked and listened to nature.

"You guy's ready for tomorrow?" Pope asked breaking the silence.

"Definantly" John B said.

"I'm ready to be filthy rich" JJ said while he place his other hand on my thigh. Butterflies errupted in my stomach from his touch. I laughed at his comment before relaxing into him more. It was dark out so no one could see us and we've shared a hammock before so no body questioned it. We all layed around laughing and talking until eventually we all fell asleep. I woke up a few minute later to JJ poking my side.

"What?" I whispered as he got out of the hammock.

"Follow me" He said tip toeing past everyone. I sighed as I got up and followed JJ inside.

"JJ" I questioned as I walk into my room.

"Hey beautiful" He said closing the door behind me while pushing me up against it. He lightly kissed my lips before I pulled back.

"What's this all about" I laughed looking into his eyes. He smirks before kissing me again.

"oh, I just wanted to spend some quality alone time with my girlfriend " JJ said with a grin on his face.

"I love hearing you say that" I tell him wrapping my hands around his neck and messing with his hair. Our kisses went from soft and gentle to needy. I needed him and he needed me. My hands were in his hair while he had both hands around my waist.

I lifted his shirt off and brushed my fingers against his abs. His lips trailed down my neck. He put his hands on my thighs as he lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist , our lips never separating. JJ laid me on the bed hovering over me just like the night when we I told him I had feeling for him. He kissed my neck again before looking up at me.

"You're so perfect maddi routledge" JJ's breathing was heavy, his hair flopping infront  of his face. I take my fingers and rake his hair back before leaning up and kissing him. I was about to reply when

"What the hell is going on" Me and JJ both shot up to see my brother standing at the door. I thought I locked it.  I look over to JJ before looking back to my brother. My face flushed red. This was bad, JJ shirtless on top of me. There's no way of getting out of this one is there?

"John b I can explain" I say standing up. I pull my tank top down a little since it rolled up a minute ago. 

"Explain what Maddi? Huh!" John b said getting really angry. JJ stood up behind me and put his hand on my lower back. I didn't know what to say. My brother looked angry, very angry.

"That you were macking on my best friend!" John b shouted even louder making me jump a little. JJ rubbed my back more to comfort me.

"Listen man" JJ tried to explain. John b's eyes shot over to JJ. JJ was still shirtless which wasn't unusual for JJ but right now it felt strange. I guess it was probably because my brother caught us on top of eachother making out.

"John b I'm sorry I didn't tell you it's just-" I get cut off by John b.

"Tell me what?" He said tensing up even more.

"That we're a couple now" JJ cut in. Even though the situation sucks my heart fluttered at him saying that. Couple . 

"I can't believe you guys" John b said and he turned around and left. I stood there speechless for a moment.

"It's okay he'll cool down" JJ said pulling me in for a hug.

"I can't, I need to go talk to him, I'm sorry" I run out of the room. JJ follows me of course. I run outside and follow John b who's walking outside.

"John b wait! I'm sorry" I yell running after him. He ignores me. I start to tear up. John b is my twin and I hate when he's mad at me. And this it feels like he'll never forgive me for.

"Please talk to me" I say as my voice starts to crack.

"What do you want my to say maddi!?!" John b shouts at me making more tear swell up. "You want me to say I'm happy for you, I can't"

JJ catches up and is only a couple feet behind me. I stop in my tracks , so does JJ. John b puts his fingers on the bridge of his nose and looks up before taking a deep breath.

"There are so many guys out there maddi and you have to pick my best friend" John b says a little softer. I can hear the hurt in his voice. "What's going to happen if you guys break up, then what?"

Me an JJ both stop and think about it.

"I'll tell you what'll happen" John b continues raising his voice again "I'll have to choose, and I can't not pick my sister so I'll loose my best friend"

I realize why he made that rule. Not to be overprotective but to save his friendship. JJ is his best friend and he can't loose him. Guilt builds up while we all stand there in silence.

"Maddi I love you, but I don't think I can be around you right now" John b says I let out a light sob as I look from him to JJ.

"Look man don't take it out on her" JJ says stepping closer.

"JJ you don't want to mess with me right now!" John b tells him.

"I actually kinda do" JJ says stepping closer. "You might be pissed at us but we did nothing wrong man"

I just stand there and watch knowing if this keeps up there's gonna be a fight but I can't bring myself to do anything.

"You did nothing wrong" John b asks with a scoff. " you're dating my freaking sister JJ!"

"Look man" JJ was cut off but John b shoving him. At this point I guess the fighting woke up Pope and Kie. Pope runs over and tries to separate the boys but it's too late. JJ and John b are throwing punches. John b tackles JJ to the ground. Me and Kie just stand there and watch as my brother and boyfriend throw punches at eachother.

"Guys stop!" I scream they both look up at me. JJ have a bloody nose, John b had some bruises and I was crying.

"You see this, this is the reason" John b says standing up. He looks at me before storming off. JJ wipes his nose before walking over to me.

"It'll be okay he'll come arou-" I cut JJ off mid sentence.

"I need some time JJ" I say wiping tears from my eyes and running inside. What the hell just happened.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this very dramatic chapter! Sorry it was so short I wanted this chapter to focus mainly on the fight. Comment any suggestions/ideas!