Chapter 54- I love you JJ maybank

Song

Stuck with you

By; Ariana grande and Justin Bieber

Maddi's pov-

After our little adventure with Gary I headed back to the chateau. Kie, Pope, Anna and Topper were going on a double date thing. They invited me to join but I felt way to awkward crashing plus I could use some alone time.

I get home and change into some spandex with a cropped t-shirt. My hair flows over my shoulders with a small braid tied up with some string around it. I hook my phone up to the little portable speaker Topper got me for christmas. I play my playlist on full blast. I dance and sing at the top of my lungs. Dancing on the couch using a hairbrush for a microphone.

Dance parties with myself are my ultimate stress reliever. Everytime I would get stressed about boys or school or anything I would blare the music and dance my problems away. Often dad or John b would come home. If John b came home during one he would join. We would spend the night dancing and singing.

Out of breath and sweaty I hop off the couch and turn off the speaker. I go to the bathroom and clean myself up before going to the kitchen to make some mac and cheese. I pull down the box of mac and cheese when I hear a knock at the door. I set the box down and tread over to the door. I click the lock open and open the door.

I'm met with bright blue eyes. The ocean reflects in them making me feel as if I could dive in and swim in them. But this time the eyes are filled with sorrow. Red rimming the edge. JJ looks at me. Tears stain his cheeks.

"JJ?" I whisper in confusion. I've only seen him like this twice in my life. Once when we were 11 and I came home for the summer. That's when he told me about his dad hitting him and his mom leaving. I held him as he cried into my shoulder as we rocked on the hammock. The second time was last summer when he used the drug money to buy the hottub. My heart races as I rack my brain to find an answer to what could've happened to him.

JJ's had a rough life. But one thing he is great at is hiding his pain. If you didn't know him you would've never guessed how bad he had it. He hid his emotions from me for the longest time but I finally know him enough to read him. Even when he tries to keep them hidden I can still guess how he's feeling. And right now seeing him this broken scares me.

"What happened?" I asked in a low soothing voice. He sniffled meeting my eyes.

"M-my dads dead" He muttered out. Instantly my arms are wrapped around his neck. His head goes to the crook of my neck. Tears soak through my shirt but I don't care. Millions of questions pop through my head. What happened? Did he do it? I know last year he came close but he didn't. Sometimes when I see his bruised eye or a new cut on him I would think about it but i've never followed through.

But right now I just hold him. All of our fights and problems wash away as we stay in eachothers embrace. His tears pool out of his eyes as he clings to me for life. As if he would let go he might die. I rub up and down his back whispering a string of 'shhh' and 'it's okay'. He starts to calm slightly down. His grip on my waist loosens. And eventually he pulls apart.

My heart aches when he lets go of me. I want to hold him. Keep him with me. Protect him from everything so he'll never have to be sad again. But of course I can't. No matter how bad I want to wrap my arms back around him and never let go I can't.

"Lets get you cleaned up" I soothed grabbing his hand and pulling him into the room. He nods his head lightly. I shut the door behind him before leading him into my bedroom. He sits on the edge of the staring at the floor. His eyes dazed and confused. I go to my dresser and pull out a pair of shorts he left here a couple weeks ago.

I hand him the shorts before going into the hall closet and pulling out a towel and a wash rag. I go into the bathroom and turn on the shower. I set the towels and shorts on the toliet before going back into my room.

"The showers ready" I say softly. He nods and gets up. He gives me a small thanks before going into the bathroom and shutting the door. I go into my room and sit for a minute. My head in my hands when I hear muffled sobs from the bathroom. I can hear JJ trying to hold them back but they escape.

I walk up to the door where I can hear cleary JJ crying. My heart breaks for him. I walk into the bathroom taking off my shirt and shorts leaving me in my underwear. I pull open the shower curtians and step in behind him. He shudders as I put my hands on his back. I rub up to his shoulders and back down.

"It's okay. I here. I'm here baby" I comforted. He spins around to face me. His eyes bloodshot from crying. I reach both hands to cup his face. I rub my thumb up and down his cheeks. We stay like this for a moment. Water dripping down both of us. My hair clings to my wet skin. Water runs down his torso.

JJ leans in and our lips meet. This kiss is passionate full of emotion. I move one of my hands to his chest keeping the other on his face. He grabs my waist and pulls me in. Our lips move in sync as the water runs down both of our faces. Steam surronds us. He pulls apart but still holds me close. His fingers press into my skin but not in a painful way. More in a comforting way.

"I love you" He whispers. My eyes widden at his words.

"What?" I ask.

"I love you" He says again.

"JJ" I sigh. "You just lost your dad."

"Maddi-" A small smile rises on his face but I keep ranting.

"Your emotions are all over the place" I keep saying.

"Maddi-"

"And i'm here so-" I try to finish saying but he cuts me off.

"Maddi!" I meet his eyes to see a smile across of his face.

"Yeah" I breathe out.

"I love you. I never stopped loving you. I don't think i'll ever stop loving you. I know this is probably the worse time I could say it but-" Before he could finish his speech I crash my lips onto his. Both of my hands go to his chest. My nails leave scratches down his chest. He moves his hands to my thighs gripping tightly.

"I love you too" I smile against his lips. His smile grows and he holds me tighter.

"Jump" He mutters against my lips. I do as he says. He gribs my thighs to hold me as I wrap my legs around him. One of his hands leads back and turns off the shower. He places his hand back and he steps out of the shower. He stumbles into my bedroom. JJ lays me on the bed leading kisses down my neck. I pull his head back to my face with a smile. I give him a small kiss.

"God I love you so much" He says while trying to catch his breath.

"I love you too JJ maybank" I smile.

"say that again" He demands a smile etched into his features

"I love you JJ maybank" I giggle. And once again he smashes his lips onto mine. Two parts of a whole together again.

Ahhh! This chapter was a lot more heated and detailed than the other ones and I don't know how I feel about it. I hope you liked this chapter, Make sure to vote and comment!