Chapter 34- 10 months later

song

Modern lonliness

Lauv

Maddi's Pov- *in this story the Pogues and kooks go to the same school*

"Topper get up, we're gonna be late" I yell to him throwing on a shirt over my head. He was asleep on the pullout. He groans and rolls over.

"I don't wanna" He whines. I go over grabbing a pillow and hit him over the head with it.

"Get up, we got school" I tell him. He rolls over and glares at me.

"I hate you" He seeths.

"You love me" I make a kissy face at him , he throws the pillow at my head making me scoff.

"Somethings burning" He says sniffing.

"Ah sh*t" I say running into the kitchen and pulling out burnt toast from the toaster. I lay them on a plate and groan.

"Good job" Topper claps while laughing. I flip him off before going to the fridge and pulling out two apples. I throw an apple at him which he catches in the air.

"Get dressed I can't be late again" I tell him. He runs back into the livingroom throwing on a different shirt almost tripping when trying to get it. I laugh at his franticness before walking to the door. He grabs his keys and we get in his car. 

It's been 10 months since John b went missing. He was presumed dead and I don't know what to believe. It's also been 10 months since JJ and I broke up. 10 months since I hung out with the pogues.  We kind of fell apart after everything. Or more like I did. Pope, Kie and JJ still hang out just not me. I haven't talked to JJ since we broke up. I see him around school but he ignores me. Kie and I have some random shifts together at the wreck but we don't really talk either. Pope is the only one i'm still connected to. We go on coffee dates twice a month. He fills me in on everything with JJ and Kie. I don't think Kie or JJ know. JJ basically hates my guts. I don't blame him it was my fault but it still hurts. Kie sides with JJ since I pushed her away along with JJ. JJ went back to his old ways sleeping with everygirl he sees. After a summer I decieded I needed to get back to normal. Well as normal as I could without the pogues and John b. 

Topper and I have gotten really close. He spends most nights at my house since his parents are rarley there. He's my bestfriend. Not in a romantic way like JJ but more like Pope. We spent most of the summer at the chatuea. He helped me through everything. When we went back to school I realized he was my only friend. The pogues hung out together at school so I couldn't hang with Pope. But it worked out because I realized Topper doesn't have anyone else either. As for Dcs, Uncle T came down a couple months ago for a check in so I have them off my back for now. It's late april, a few more weeks of school. Schools been hard. People either give me sympathetic looks or make fun of me. Only a couple people pick on me. It's not bad, I never told Topper because he would go crazy. My life has gone back to - well not normal but okay. I miss my friends and I really miss Johnny but i'm really lucky to have Topper. We had eachother and that was okay. I go to John b's grave once a week. I've seen Kie and Pope there a few times but never JJ. I try to go at nights so no one else is there. Topper goes with me some and sees his sister. It's weird talking to an empty grave, it still doesn't feel like he's gone. Maybe i'm just going crazy who knows.

 Today was supposed just like every other day. I get up usually late, wake up topper, go to school, either go to the beach, on the boat or just chill, and then go to sleep.  We pull up at the school just like every other day.

"Welcome to hell" Topper mutters banging his head against the steering wheel.

"Oh come on top atleast you have me" I pinch his cheeks and he gives me a sarcastic smile. We get out of the car and walk past the courtyard. I see Kie, JJ and Pope sitting at a table. Kie and Pope on a bench. Pope has his arm around Kie. They got together after everything and I couldn't be happier. JJ is sitting on the table with his elbows on his knees.