Chapter 38- The locket

song

Stupid deep

By; Jon Bellion

Maddi's Pov-*TRIGGER WARING- Self harm*

The rest of the day was uneventful. Classes were pretty boring. Final's were already over so we just had review for the rest of the year. I walk outside expecting to see Toppers car but groan when I realize he had to leave early, which meant I had to walk home. 

The walk home wasn't too bad. It was spring so it wasn't too hot. Once I got home I stumbled onto the screened in porch almost tripping on a box. A small brown box was sitting infront of the door. I pick it up throwing my backpack on a random chair. 

When I pick up the box it almost feels empty. Shaking it revealed there was something. I sit on the couch on my porch. There was no stamp or return adress just a box. I take a deep breath before opening it. When I opened it my heart almost jumped out of my chest. The locket. It was the freaking locket. The one I gave John b before he left. What was it doing here? How?

Questions race through my mind as I dangle the locket from my finger. I quickly grab my phone and text Top who doesn't answer. I rack my brain on what to do. An Idea pops into my head. I put the necklace on and tuck it into my shirt before running inside and grabbing my skateboard. I skateboard all the way to figure 8. When I get there I turn into a neighborhood of houses being built. I find one right on the beach where I hear voices coming from.

I put my board under my arm and walk into the house. The house was a lot like the one we went to last year. I walk to the back door or more like a hole where the door is going to go. When I walk through I see my friends. Kie was leaning against a wall looking up at Pope who was sitting on a ledge. JJ was standing on the roof. Similar to John b did last year. 

It didn't bring me saddness like I expected. Instead it brought a smile to my face. Looking back on the memories rememinded me of all the good times we had.

"You got a beer for me?" I laugh walking over to Kie. Everyone looks to me. JJ rolls his eyes and scoffs. I glare at him before looking to Kie.

"You came!" She says excited before hugging me.

"I said I would didn't I?" I smile.

"The prodigal twin returns" Pope exclaims. I shoot him a wink before walking over to the cooler and grabbing a beer. I set my board beside it and click it open. The cold beer soothes my throat. I hop up on the ledge beside Pope. We do the pogue handshake before I sit down.

" so who's gonna move in here?" I ask taking another sip of beer. We would always play a game where we would make up a rich family that moved into the house.

"Husband , wife, one kid" Kie starts.

"And A maid" I add. 

"The husband and maid have a secret affair" Pope chuckles.

"And the wife spends her days getting massages and eating sushi" JJ adds. He doesn't look at me but atleast he's talking. We all laugh before moving on to talk about other random subject. Just like the good ole days. JJ doesn't talk to me but he particapates in the conversation. The sun starts to set as I finish my drink. I chuck the can at Kie who throws it back. I then throw it at Pope. We all laugh before hearing a car door slam.

"Securitys here!" JJ shouts.  I climb down from the ledge where I meet the rest of the group. Gary the guard Pops around the corner.

"Gary! Good to see you! Did you miss me?" I tease as Kie grabs my hand and we start running. My board is under one of my arms and the other one is holding Kie's hand. We run through the house.