Chapter 17-Cheater

Chapter 17- Cheater

Maddi's Pov-

After John b and Kie argued for a bit we all got in the van and headed to meet sara. I didn't like Sara from what she did to Kie and it made me even more worried she was going to do the same to my brother.  John b and JJ sat in the front seat. JJ has been acting really weird for the last little bit. I don't really know why, it happened while Kie and John b were fighting. 

"Tell me nothing's going on between you" Kie tells John b still going on about Sara.

"Nothings going on" John b said with a small laugh trying to cover his lie. I roll my eyes knowing his lie.

"That was really believable bro" JJ says to John b still not talking to me. It's like a switch flipped one second he's being sweet and caring and the next second he's being cold and distant.

"100 percent" Pope joked to John b.

"Alright well I'm gonna go take care of buisness" John b says with an akward smile walking over to the tower where they were meeting. I look up to JJ who is looking at me through the rearview mirror. He moves his eyes away when he sees me looking. I sit next to Kie and hold her hand trying to comfort her.

"Boys can be stupid sometimes" I tell her trying to cheer her up. She gives me a soft smile. I hear JJ scoff from the front of the van. My head snaps to the front of the van.

"Can I talk to you alone please" I ask him through my teeth. I needed to know what happened. He groans and rolls his eyes before opening the passenger door and getting out.

"I'll be right back" I tell Kie and Pope. JJ is about 20 feet away from the van leaning against a tree. I make my way towards him trying to hold up my dress to not stain it.

"what the hell is your problem" I glare at him who's casually smoking a joint.

"Nothing" He shrugged. I cross my arms and look at him.

"Nothing" I repeat. "So there's no reason why you're being a jerk all of a sudden?"

JJ takes another hit of his joint before looking over at me. "Nope, and if you guys don't really need me I'm gonna head out" 

"what?" I scoff. What is his problem? He leans off the tree and throws his joint down stomping on it.

"Yeah I have a date tonight" His words rang through my ears. He just asked me to be his girlfriend and is already bored of me? What did I do wrong? 

"What do you mean you have a date?" I ask trying to hold back the tear that were slowing turning into anger. 

"You don't think you're the only one you can see other people do you" He said walking closer to me stiffining up. I look up at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked slightly annoyed with this whole situation. He takes a deep breathe before talking again.

"It would've been nice to know that you weren't serious about us before all of this." JJ says crossing his arms looking down to me. 

"What- I am serious about us" I tell him. He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"God, stop lying Maddi" He shouts. I step back taken by suprise from his sudden outburst. Unlike last time he yelled at me he doesn't apologize he stays cold.

"I'm not lying! I have no idea what you're talking about !" I say shouting back.

"I'm talking about you sleeping with another guy!" He screams before turning away and running his hand down his face. What? Who does he think I slept with? I've never slept with anyone which made this even more confusing.