Chapter 9- Boyfriend?

Chapter 9-boyfriend?

Maddi's pov-

We were all piled in the van heading to wherever John b was taking us. John b was driving, Kie was in the passenger seat pope was in the seat behind her, while JJ and me were sitting on the seat against the wall behind John b. JJ was in the spot right behind John b and I was a little bit down the row staring out the window infront of me. My head was running in a million different directions. I kept thinking about what just happened but also about JJ. Last night was wonderful but what are we now, are we a couple or just random makeout sessions. I needed to talk to him later but right now I needed to focus on the compass.

"Maddi, Maddi!" John b said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"what?" I questioned look away from the window and up to John b.

" You were kinda out of it, you good?" my brother ask me looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"yeah, yeah just a lot on my mind" I say. "So where are we going?"

"Well the compass said redfield" John b explains. "And dad had to know it would get back to us somehow so it has to be a clue" He says looking at all of us trying to read our expressions.

"yeah" Kie said trying to support john B "it's possible"

"it could also be possible you're concocting wild theories in your head to help with your sad feels" Pope said as Kie gave him a glare.

"Bro you know how I process my sad feels." JJ says. "Dank nuts and the stitckiest of ickies thats how I do it" He says, I snort laugh at his comment. He looks at me and winked. My stomach flutters as I look back to the front of the car where John b starts talking again.

"I'm not concocting, my dad is trying to give me a message." He says. I look down at my feet. It's no secret John B was closer with dad. I was barley here until I turned 13 and even then John B was his son. Yeah me and dad still went on father daughter dates and had fun. John b and him would fish all the time and do all the things that I wasn't intersted in together. I didn't spend enough time with dad but didn't realize it until it was too late. But I still hurt when John b said My dad he's my dad too. I guess JJ noticed my sadness because he reached over and grabbed my hand. Pope was the only one that could see us and he was too intersted in John b to notice us.

"If it helps you I believe John B" Kie assured him. I set my head back on the seat. I don't want to believe dad's dead but in my gut I think he is I'm just not ready to admit that.

"I don't need a thearpy session." John B said

"Look its okay to trip bro but-" JJ was cut off by John b.

"Our dad is missing, missing. Y'all don't know what its like to have one of the two closest people to you vanish. You have to wake up every morning wondering and have no idea what happened" John b rants.
"You believe me right maddi" John b says looking back at me for support. I look away trying to avoid eye contact.

"Yeah of course I do" I lie looking down at my feet hoping John b would believe me.

"It's been almost a year guys" Kie says looking at me and then John b

"Hey" JJ spoke up" He could've been kidnapped that's a possibility" He says. I smile at him for trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah he could be in a soviet sub getting interrogated by the KBG somewhere" Pope added onto JJ's comment.

"Or alantis" JJ says. I slap him playfully on the knee.

" hey! ow!" he complained.

"What do you think the message is" Kie ask my brother. We both look at eachother and then simultaneously say. "Redfield lighthouse."