Chapter 14- On solid grounds

Maddi's pov-

We drive to Toppers boat where JJ convienced Pope to pull his plug. I sit on the other end of the boat as they talk about their plan. When we pull up Pope stands up I walk over to where they were standing.

"Guys please don't do this" I beg them.

"Babe it's fine. Pope do it" JJ says Pope looks at us before jumping in and swimming over to Toppers boat.

"Woah I didn't think he would actually do it" JJ chuckles. I roll my eyes and walk back to the front not wanting to be around his right now. When Pope climbs back on JJ throws the plug in the water and Pope starts to drive off. During the boat ride home JJ comes and sits next to me.

"Hey, you mad at me" He ask

"Yeah" I say. I understand why he did it I just hate that he did. Pope has too much on the line. 

"But I understand" I mutter under my breath. JJ wraps his arm around me. 

"You do?" He questions.

"Yeah" I sigh. We just chill the rest of the way back. Pope and JJ talk about fishing while I just look out at the water.

~

Once we got back we headed to the beach. John b and Kie were already in the water surfing. We all join them and surf for the next couples hours. John b was talking to JJ some but still ignoring Me which made me mad. When it got dark we went back home and laid in the hammocks. The group talked about the gold but I stayed quiet. We all fell asleep and the next day when out on Popes dad's boat.

"Alright JJ pin it here" John b yelled to JJ who was driving the boat. Me and Kie were incharge of lowering it down while Pope was looking at the camera. 

"Rodger that" JJ yelled. I looked over at him driving the boat. He was wearing his red hat which he always looked good in. I was a little mad about yesterday but decieded to forget about it. I'm already fighting one of the most important guys in my life.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, too going full kook" John b cheered as he dropped the drone into the water. Me and Kie started lowering the drone down.

"Alright JJ we're right over it, ten seconds north west." John b yelled to the front of the boat. JJ turned the wheel and the boat moved.

"One hundered feet" I yell as Kie marks it down with a piece of chalk. Pope jumped causing all of us to get excited.

"what, what was it" John b asked looking towards the screen. There was nothing but water.

"It's nothing" Pope said making all of us groan as we went back to doing our Jobs.

"Four hundred feet" I yelled a few minutes later. Kie marked another mark. I looked up to see dark clouds forming making me nervous. We all kepted doing our jobs. John b yelled out directions every few minutes to JJ who then turned the boat. Me and Kie lowered it still while Pope focused on the screen

"JJ hold it steady" My brother yelled as the boat started to shake due to the weather.

"900 feet" I called out.

"JJ we're gonna turtle in this storm man" Pope paniced.

"920" I called out in a worried voice. Kie grabbed onto the teather with me as the weather got worse.

"Crank it north by northwest! ten seconds!" John b instructed. "how we doing?"

"Almost there" Pope replied.