Chapter 51- Mission

Chapter 51- Mission

Song

Teenagers

By; My chemical romance

Maddi's pov-

"Okay guys mission time!" I exclaim. A week has passed. Everything has gone back to normal. JJ and I are still doing that friends with benefits thing that I hate. Topper and Anna have gotten closer and he even asked her to be his girlfriend (with help of me of course). Rafe was caught with drugs while on probation so he's back in jail for the time being.

We realized if we were going to rent a car when we got to the mainland one of us needed a fake ID. No one in outer banks was trustworthy enough to get one for us without raising suspicions. So that led to us breaking into the school to print off our own. We decided it would be best for JJ and I to get one just in case. We were all piled in the Twinkie in the middle of the night. We parked down the road from the school.

"I hate this" Pope groans.

"Oh come one P it'll be fun. Just like old times" I gleam.

"Yeah and if you remember last time we got shot at multiple times AND I almost got arrested" his eyes go wide as a duh look.

"Anyways" Kie says changing the subject. "The guard should be around the front in a few minutes. The back science window is open and it's a straight shot for the printer."

"We just gotta download this file" Topper holds up a flash drive.

"And boom I'm 21 b*tches" I kid. They all let out a chuckle. I look at my watch and hop up.

"It's time guys" JJ says opening the van door. We are all dressed in black clothing. I'm wearing some black Jean shorts with a black tank top. Kie wears something similar to me and the boys wear some other outfits. We sneak to the back of the school where the science classroom is located. I walk open and push it open.

"Lady's first" I say to Topper with a smile. He sticks his tongue out at me and I mimic his actions. He climbs through the window followed by Pope and Kie.

"I'll give you a boost" JJ smirks.

"Kay thanks" I mutter pressing my hand onto the window seal. His hands go to my butt and I immediately squeal as he pushes me through. He hops in after me. I slap his chest lightly.

"You just wanted to put your hand on my *ss didn't you" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Maybe" he smirked. I roll my eyes and huff.

"Guys come on" Kie whisper screams signaling us over to the door. We make our way down the hallway to the door of the room where the printer is. Topper jiggles the doorknob.

"Locked" he groans. JJ try's after him but it still doesn't budge.

"Here let me see" I say moving in front of the boys. I bend down and pull a Bobby pin out of my hair making a few locks of my brown wavy hair to fall in my face. I brush them behind my ear before putting the Bobby pin in the lock and maneuver it around.

"Where'd you learn to do this?" Pope ask.

"Growing up when John b and I would get in a fight he would lock me out of our room so I learned ways to get in" I smile at the memory before refocusing on the door.

" I remember that. Remember the one time you climbed through the window and cut your leg" JJ laughs.

"Yeah I still have the scar" I motion to my leg just as I hear a click in the door lock "got it!"

"Go Mads!" Kie high fives me. Topper twist the handle and this time the door opens. We all creep Over to the computer. Pope sticks in the hard drive and logs onto the computer. He types in some codes that none of us know.

"Dang Pope what would we do without you" I praise.

"Once again, thank god for geeks man" JJ slaps his shoulder.

"I need the flash drive" he puts his hand out. I pull it out of my pocket and put it in his hand.

"Here you go" I smile. He puts it into the compute. After a couple more minutes of typing on the computer he looks up at us.

"Got it" he gleams.

We all rush over to the computer. It starts making a whirring sound as it prints of the ID's. Once they are almost done we hear footsteps walking down the hall. We all freeze. Kie quickly rushes over and turns the computer off. We all stay as still as we can.

My heart rate quickens as the footsteps approach. I hear a click and look over to see the ID's done. I quickly grab them. The light of a flashlight shines under the door. We hear the footsteps turn away and go the other way.

I slowly walk towards the door and creek the door open. Everyone follows close behind me. As I finish pushing open the door a loud creek rings through the hall. The security guard flips around and shouts

"Run run" I giggle as I take off running down the hall. They all follow behind me. Laugh erupt from our throats as adrenaline shoots through our veins. This is what we live for. The feeling of adrenaline. We rush through the halls. Topper grabs my hand and pulls me. He lets go and I latch onto Kie. We giggle as we reach the back door.

I push the door open. The cool summer breeze washes over me. The guard yells from behind us but we keep running. We run down the street until we reach the van. I hop in the drivers seat. JJ sits in the passenger seat and everyone else pile in the back. I stumble to put the keys in the ignition. The security guard starts to run down the street. Just as he approaches the van I get them in and take off. We all catch our breaths as I drive down the road.

"That was so fun!" I laugh.

"Fun?! We almost got caught" Pope scolds.

"But we didn't that's the point" I smile and look back at him.

"Maddi the road!" Kie squeals. JJ grabs the wheel as I turn around just in time to see him swerve out of the way of another car.

"Whoops" I mutter with a slight shrug.

"Who let her drive" Topper asks as JJ removes his hand from the wheel.

"I sure as h*ll didn't" Kie says.

"I'm not that bad of a driver" I say.

"Yeah you are" JJ laughs. I quickly slap his chest before putting my hands back on the wheel.

"Whatever" I smile.

Another more upbeat chapter! Make sure to comment I love reading them 💕