Chapter 29- I'll be back

Song

If the world was ending

By; Jp Sax Ft julia michel

Maddi's pov-

We drove to the storage unit that JJ's dad stored the boat in.

"Here she is the phantom" JJ said as if he was in love with the boat. 

"should I be jealous?" I joke.

"You know I could never replace you baby" JJ winks at me. He starts to uncover the boat when I hear footsteps from behind me.

"Pope thank god you-" Kie is cut off by Rafe and Barry walking in. I slowly back up into JJ who doesn't see them yet.

"JJ" I whisper. He looks up and immediatly pushes me behind him when he sees Barry and Rafe.

"Hey guys what's up" JJ tries to say casually.

"I'm here for my money"  Barry pulls out a gun from his pocket making me flinch.

"We don't - I don't know what you're talking about" I try to brush them off.

"Hey Maddi where's your brother" Rafe smirks. Just as I was distracted JJ pushes Barry making him drop the gun. The wrestle as Kie comes behind Rafe and shoves him. Since he was much taller he easily pushed her back causing her to hit  her head.

"Kie!" I shout worried.

"Come on Maddi, you have to know where John b is" Rafe says with an ammused look in his eyes. My mind shoots back to John b that day. He killed peterkin and now John b and Me have to leave. His dad killed my dad. Anger consumes me as I punch him in his face making his snap to the side.

"You killed Sherrif Peterkin. You're a murderer" I snap at him. JJ and Barry still fighting besides us and Kie on the ground. Rafes amused look switches to anger. Before I know it his arm is wrapped around my neck cutting off my airway.

"You don't know what you're talking about" He says as I claw at him arms trying to get him to loosen his grip. JJ tries to get up but Barry holds him down. Everything starts to blur when I feel him let go of me causing me to collapse onto the ground as I try to steady my breath. When I can see again Pope is beating Rafe with a metal pole. I look to JJ who Hits Barry in the face causing him to Pass out. Kie tries to stop Pope as he continues to beat Rafe. JJ yells at him to stop before finally pulling him off. Pope drops the pole as I cough.

"Oh god Maddi" JJ runs over and grabs my face.

"I'm okay" I croak my throught aching from being chocked. JJ lifts me onto my feet pulling me into a tight hug.

"Come on we got to go" Kie says. We hook up the boat to her Jeep and we drive off.

~

"Where is he" I pace looking at the road. We loaded the boat into the water along with everything we'll need.

"He'll be here" Kie reassures me. I walk over to JJ and lay my head on his shoulder. I'm not ready to let him go.

"Guys" Pope says looking as a police car approached us.

"Get in the boat go!" JJ instructs. We were about to hop in when John b gets out of the car.

"No way" Kie says in shock.

"How did you-" JJ mirrors Kies expression. I run over and wrap my arms around John b.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I sigh letting go of him. JJ comes over and wraps a hand around my waist. I go back to leaning on him.