Chapter 24- Because I love you

Chapter 24-  Because I love you

Song-

Lie

By; NF

Maddi's pov-

After we left the pawn shop we all got back into the van and headed towards a facility where the women said we could get the money. John b drove with Sara next to him. The rest of us were piled in the back seat. I layed my head on JJ's shoulder while listening to everyone talk.

"I've never heard of this place" Sara says.

"It's cause you're rich" JJ replies. I lightly slap his leg.

"You haven't either" I say.

"Thanks maddi" Sara says.

"No problem"

We drive a little longer until Pope speaks up.

"Theres nothing but weeds back here"

"Just because theres weeds doesn-" John b is cut off by police sirens.

"What are the police doing out here" I question.

"JJ do you have the gun" Kie asks. My eyes widen but I'm relieved when he shakes his head no.

"Hide the gold, and weed"  I tell him as he stuffs his stuff in his bag.  I watch a man approach our car, and he doesn't look like a police officer.

"Hey Johnny I don't think that's a-" I stop mid sentence when I see a man point a gun at my brother. No. 

"come on! out of the car!" The man shouts. John b gets out of the car with his hands up. I look at JJ who grabs my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. 

"Let them out!" The man shouts. John b reluctantly opens the door. Sara, Pope and Kie climb out first.

"You too pretty lady" The man ushers me.

"Look man we're broke"JJ lies.

"Shut up!" The man points his gun at JJ.

"JJ" I whisper but the man turns the gun to me.

"On the ground, Now" He shouts. I kneel next to JJ as the man checks the van for the gold.

"The old bat shanked us f*ck" JJ punches the ground.

"JJ it's okay" I give him a soft smile, which he returns.

"John b, no, don't" Sara whispers. I look to see my brother start to stand up.

"John b don't even think about it" I say sternly which he ignores. He runs over to the mans car and sits in the back seat. The man gets the gold before going back to his car. When the man gets in the car John b attacks him getting the gun.

"Guys I got the gun" He yells. We all run over there. Pope goes to find the gold while everyone else takes hits at the man. I just take a deep breath and watch.

" I got the gold" Pope walks over besides me.

"Okay lets go now guys" I say. They all agree walking away besides JJ. "JJ"

"One sec" JJ reaches into his wallet and pulls out his Id."Lets see where this son of a b*tch lives"

~

"What are we doing at barry's" Sara asks. JJ drove us here after what happened on the side of the rode.

"JJ whats going on" I look up to the front to see him getting out.