Chapter 20- We need new friends

Maddi's pov-

After everything blew up Kie and I went back to her house. We sat around the house eating junk and watching disney movies. This was our routine when one of us was sad or the boys got on our nerves. Which was pretty often. We were curled up on her couch when there was a knock on her door. Kie got up to answer it only to reveal Pope.

"Why are you here?" Kie questioned.

"The boys need our help" Pope told us.

"Can't you help them" I said.

"No now come on." Pope dragged us onto the pogue to meet the boys. Apparently the boat broke down in the marsh and they were stuck. Why did this involve us? I have no idea. We pull up to Popes dads boat and climb on.

"Whats the problem" I ask walking in giving JJ a quick kiss on the cheek.

"The altanators aren't altanating anymore" John b says nerviously. I give him a confused look.

"Let me have a look" Kie pushed the boys out of the way and went into the room. I followed behind her.

"Is this a joke?!" Kie asks as we realized there were no plugs. Suddenly we heard two splashes.

"Oh hell no" I turn around and run back outside to see my brother and JJ swimming to the pogue.

"John b let me out" We hear a voice call from the underground compartment of the boat. Kie opens it to reveal Sara. I groaned as I realized what was happening. Both girls yell at them trying to get them to come back.

"There's no use they aren't coming back" I say as the boys get onto their boat.

"We'll be back tomorrow" JJ yells.

"Please" Sara whines.

"Not until you three figure it out" John b point to Kie and Sara.

"Why am I here, I'm not apart of her drama" I yell to the boat of boys who were loading in the anchor.

"Because I want my sister and girlfriend to get along" He yells.

"After this i'm not so sure you'll have a sister!" I shout at him. JJ laughs making me glare at him in return.

"I'm sorry baby, i'll see you tomorrow" JJ tells me. I roll my eyes and walk into the cabin. The boys have drove away. Sara jumps in the water while Kie joins me in the cabin.

"This is going to be a long night" Kie says, I nod my head agreeing.

"We need new friends" I tell her, suddenly we hear Sara scream. Kie and I walk back to the deck as she climbs in. A big red spot appears on her leg as she whines.

"What happened?" Kie asks.

"I got stung" Sara cries out. Kie and I give eachother an annoyed look. I've been stung hundreds of times, so has Kie. Sara hobbles over and sits down. "You know what they say about Jelly fist stings"

"Nope, not happening" I say walking back and look at Kie.

"I'm with Maddi" Kie says.

"Please, one of you have to pee on me" Sara pleads. We give eachother looks before I remember something JJ said. I quickly go into the cabin.

"Don't just leave me here" Sara shouts as Kie follows me. I pull out 2 blunts and walk back out to Sara, Kie following close behind.

"JJ left these for us" I say handing her one and lighting it. Sara sits on one side of the boat while Kie and I sit on the other side sharing a joint. I take this time to fill her in on everything that's happened between Me and JJ. It was nice talking to her even if we were with Sara Cameron. Soon enough the sun had set. Sara was quiet , I could tell she was easedropping on our conversation but I really didn't care. Slowly the blunt started to effect all of us. Kie and I were laughing about some memories from when we were younger until Sara buts in.

"Hey, hey guys. Would you rather have eyes for nipples or nipples for eyes. Like imagine you get really old and your boobs sag so you can see your shoes" Sara laughs out clearly High.

"Is this your first time smoking or something" I ask annoyed.

"No" She lies. We all stay quiet for a minute.

"Hey Kie-" Sara starts but is cut off by an angry Kie.

"Enough with this Hey Kie bs. We- we were best friends. We cried about boys together, stole beers from your dads fridge. And then one day I was watching you birthday party from instagram" Kie says clearly saddened. Kie told me the story when it happened, it really hurt her feelings.

"That's just cold" I say under my breath.

"It was one party" Sara defends herself.

"You invited everybody but me, and then when it got busted you told everyone it was me" Kie yells.

"Who else would have called the cops" She snaps back. I stuff some chips in my mouth watching the whole thing happening.

"That's not the point!" Kie groans. "Why, why did you do it?"

"You liked me" Sara looks down. I sit up a little more and look at her confused.

"That makes zero sense" I say, I tried to stay out of it but the blunt was taking over my judgment.

"When people get close to me I push them away, and I'm so sorry. I miss being your friend" Sara sighs. "Do you think you could ever forgive me?"

"I don't know" Kie says sitting back down"maybe"

"what about you Maddi, could we ever be friends" Sara questions. My eyes widden as I was mid- putting a chip in my mouth.

"Um-I" I stutter looking over to Kie who gives me a small nod. John b would want this. "Maybe, for John b"

"thank you" Sara smiles.

"but if you ever think about hurting him I swear-" I start to say but Kie nudges me. After a while we all pull out blankets and pillows the boys packed for us. We all settle on the deck looking at the stars. We talk about random things that probably don't make sense since we're all high.

"Okay I got one, Would you rather never age or never gain weight?" Kie asks giggling.

"Easy, never gain weight, that way I can eat all the taco bell I want" I laugh. They girls both chuckle at my response. For some reason something washes over me and next thing I know i'm talking again.

"I think i'm in love with JJ" I blurt out. They both look at me with shocked expressions. Kie pulls me in for a hug and squeals.

"Omg since when!" Kie questions.

"I don't know for a while, I guess i'm just realizing it" I shrug.

"So when are you going to tell him" Sara questions. I look back up at the stars and sigh.

"I don't think I am.." I say.

"Why"

"Because it's JJ, sleeps with a new girl everyday JJ, never been in a relationship JJ" I explain. " I don't want to scare him off." I finish.

"Maddi" Kie starts "I know JJ and I know for a fact that he's 100% in love with you"

I smile to myself before nodding. Maybe I will tell him. Omg I love JJ. I never admitted it to myself but it's true. I'm in love with JJ maybanks...

Ahhhh! She loves him! I was really excited to write this part it makes me so happy. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, Make sure to vote please!