Chapter 53- Girls night

Song

Shotgun (The wild remix)

By; George Ezra

Maddi's Pov-

The past 2 days have mostly consisted of me eating ice cream and watching stupid hallmark movies. JJ never called, never texted, never came to the house. So I did what ever girl does when a boy breaks her heart.

I lay on the couch eating a bowl of popcorn while watching footloose. I haven't talked to really anyone besides Topper when he's home and not with Anna. Once the movies over I decide to take a little shower. The warm water washes over my skin giving me a sense of relaxation.

My hair is wrapped up in a towel. I walk into my room and grab a pair of grey sweats along with a white cropped friends t-shirt. I pull my hair out of the towel and brush the tangles out. It waves back up as it drys.

When I walk back into the living room I hear a knock at the door. I silently groan as I walk to the front door. When I open it I see Kie holding up a bag of snacks and ice cream ,a couple rom-coms and some face masks.

"Heard what happened and thought you might need a girls night" she smiles. I nod my head opening my arms. Kie sets down the back on the little coffee table beside the door. She engulfs me in a hug.

"Boys suck" I groan.

"I know sweetie" she coos rubbing my back. We pull apart from the hug. She goes into the kitchen putting the ice cream in the freezer and the snacks on the counter before coming back out with the face mask. We put them on before walking back into the kitchen.

"Bowls or no bowls?" She asks holding up a bowl.

"No bowl" I smile grabbing two spoons. We take the carton into the living room quickly washing off the face mask before settling on the couch and watching a movie.

~

"So he said he wasn't ready. Typical!" She rants. I explained to her what happened a couple night prior with JJ. "They expect us to wait forever. We don't need them to survive. Men are just like accessories." I snort at her metaphor.

"Amen to that sister" I reply shoveling another bite of ice cream into my mouth.

"It's stupid double standards" she complain the feminist coming out in her. We rant to each other about everything for the next few hours until we both crash on the pullout just like most of our sleepovers.

We used to have these girls night all the time. We would kick the boys out of the chateau making them sleep on the hammock or camp and take over the house. We would blast music on the radio and dance around the house. Or watch a movie. Or even do each others makeup and try on clothes.

This was a monthly occurrence up until John b and Sara went missing. I never realized how much I missed it until now.

I woke up the next morning on the pullout. Kie and I were snuggled close together. We always would say "are you really best friends if you don't cuddle". The boys would get weirded out by our closeness when we were younger but they grew to learn that's just how girls are.

I groan and roll over. Kie sits up nudging me slightly.

"Hmmm" I hum half asleep.

"Wake up" she whispers. "I have stuff for us to do today"

"Sleep" I whine. She moves over and opens the window so the sun shines fully in. "I hate you sometimes I hope you know that"

She smiles "I love you too mads"

We both get up. I go and change into white jean shorts with a black tube top. Kie wears black jean shorts with a white tube top. We mostly shop together which means we have a lot of matching outfits. We both look in the mirror of the vanity.

"D*mn we're hot" Kie jokes.

"Hell yeah we are!" We high five before finishing getting ready. When we're done we get into her Jeep and drive away from the cut. We drive to the middle between figure 8 and the cut also known as 'touron central' is what we call it. This is where all the beach houses, hotels, stores, gift shops and most of the restaurants were located. It was mostly all together and you could walk around so we parked Kies car in a parking lot and got out.

"How's coffee sound" Kie wonders.

"Sounds wonderful" I smile interlocking our arms. We walk down the street passing tourist walking around in awe. We laugh at some of the stupid shirts the gift shops sells before making it to the coffee shop.

"What can I get for you ladies?" The cashier ask. I look to Kie who looks at me telling me to order first. Which I absolutely hate doing.

"Um I'll take a medium ice latte and a bagel" I smile politely.

"That sounds good" Kie says to me "I'll have the same" we pay before making our way to a table. They bring our coffee and bagels out a few minutes later which I immediately dig into. Kie and I laugh at some touron girls wearing ridiculous outfits that no one wears hear.

We talk about her and Popes relationship which is going great. I'm genuinely happy for them. I've know popes crush on her for forever and I'm glad it finally worked out. And that they are both happy.

We walk back down the street stopping at random booths and little shops. I try on a pair of ridiculous sunglasses that are way to big. Kie and I laugh before the worker got mad at us. We go into one store where we see a table full of little sea shell bracelets.

"These are beautiful" I say.

"They really are" Kie agrees admiring one. I look on the price tag and it say 20$. I show Kie who's eyes get big at the price.

"It's a bracelet made out of shells, not dimonds" I joke. Kie gives me a look and then looks to the worker who's a middle age male. He's busy stocking another shelf with t- shirts. I slip the bracelet in my pocket. Kie snickers before turning to walk out.

As I turn to walk out someone grabs my wrist. I turn to see a familiar security guard.

"Gary!" I smile sarcastically. " I missed you buddy how've you been" I joke. He grumbles at me.

"I saw you take that bracelet young lady. Give it back" he demands.

"Awe gare-bear Don't be like that." I say as he drops my wrist. I slowly back towards the door where Kie stands. A smile on her face. "Also quick question. How many jobs do you have. Because it seems like a lot"

When he's slightly distracted Kie and I take off running down the street. We run past tourons. Gary stays behind us trying to catch up. As I'm running we bump into two familiar people.

"Maddi? Kie? Why you guys running? We got your note and met you here" Popes eyes are wide. Topper stands next to him. I quickly do our handshake with Topper as Kie grabs Popes hand.

"Oh you know ole gare-bear missed the fun we used to have and wanted to have a reunion" I joke. Just as I say that Gary catches up to us. A shout escapes his lips as we all take off running.

"Hey! Stop!" Gary screams.

"Look Gary almost the whole gangs here" I smile turning around to face him. Topper grabs my shoulder pulling me with him. I go onto his back and he continues running the sane. We make it to Kies car where we lost Gary. Top and Pope sit in the back whole Kie and I sit up front.

"What..... did .... y'all ...... do" Pope says in between breaths.

"Nothing ...." I Lie. " but on an unrelated topic how do you like mine and Kies new bracelets" I say holding up my arm to reveal the sea shell bracelet dangling from my wrist. The car breaks out in laughter as we pull away and drive back to the cut.

Sorry for no JJ and Maddi content but I really wanted a Kie and Maddi chapter in here!