Chapter 16- Lady liberty

Maddi's pov-

Me and Kie shuffle through her closet trying to find the right dress for me. We eventually found one that would fit. It was an baby blue dress with the back cut out.

 Even though I'm not the type to wear dresses, I have to admit it was beautiful

Even though I'm not the type to wear dresses, I have to admit it was beautiful. I curled my hair and let it flow over my shoulders. Kie put on a silky purple dress.

"This is horrible" I groan.

"Absolutly disgusting" Kie agreed as we looked into the mirror. We both laughed while looking at eachother.

"I know absolutly horrible, going to a party" Her mom said coming in laughing at us.

"Just let loose and have fun tonight girls, you deserve it" Mrs. C smiled at us.

"They're are people less than a mile away with no electric and we're going to a party" Kie told her mom.

"Sweety you know how hard we worked to get in this club" Her mom Replied.

"I know I know 12 years" she said crossing her arms.

"Just one night thats all I ask" Mrs.C said leaving the room "By the way you girls look beautiful."

We finish getting ready and ride to the party. When we get there me and Kie walk in locking arms.

"Welcome to hell" I whisper to her and she laughs.

"Look theres Pope" Kie points to Pope over with his dad grilling. We walk over to him and pick up a corn cob.

"Excuse me sir, do we have to shuck the corn ourselfs" She says in a phony british accient.

"That would really mess up my costume" I add in with the same accient.

"Of course not m'ladies" Pope Joins. We all laugh for a minute and look around.

"When was the last time you've seen this many kooks in one place" I ask seeing all the rich people in there fancy dresses.

"Last year" Pope and Kie say at the same time making me look at them.

"Anyways have you heard from JJ?" I ask Pope. I haven't stopped thinking about him since earlier.

"No. Have you?" Pope asked me. I shake my head no. We suddenly hear clapping and look to the front. I see the camerons walking in.

"She's going to poke someone's eye out with that thing" Pope remarks. Me and Kie nod our heads in agreement. We talk with Pope for a few minutes until a song comes on that me and Kie used to listen to when we were younger. I look at her and grab her arm pulling her on the dance floor. Me and her dance for the next little bit until Kie goes to get us drinks. I keep dancing until I feel someone grab my hand.