Chapter 28- It's go time

Song- 

If you leave

By; Meredith Brackbill

Maddi's pov-

We drive to Sara camerons house. She's our last chance to stay on the island. She's our only hope.

"Okay so Pope you're gonna make a distraction" Kie explains.

"Yes ma'am" Pope nods sarcastically. JJ snickers at him while Kie finishes talking.

"And i'll go talk to Sara" 

"Why can't I go too?" I ask Kie.

"It's more obvious with 2 people" Kie gives me a look so I just go with it.

"You and JJ stay in the car and be lookout" Pope points at us. JJ salutes him as they both get out of the car leaving me and JJ in a akward silence.

"So... wanna piece of gum" I say sticking out my gum package to him. He pushes it away and gets out of the car. I groan before following him out of the car.

"JJ what is your problem? Why have you been mr. Jerk all day?" I say as quietly as possible but still getting my point across.

"Why do you think Maddi!" JJ whisper-shouts.

"I have no clue" I say honestly. It was like a flip that switched.

"You're leaving me! You said you would never leave me!"  A tear escapes his eye and slides down his face.

"JJ-"

"I get it, I do. But God Maddi! I don't know what I'm going to do without you" His voice cracks as he runs his fingers through his sandy blonde hair. 

"Do you think I want to leave you?! It breaks me that I'm going to have to be away from you, but I have too" I step closer to him. His eyes glued to the ground below us. 

"I know, I know" He sniffles "I'm sorry" I run over to him wrapping my arms around his as he lets a few more tears out.

"I'm sorry" I whisper.

"You're all I have left Maddi" He sobs

"Hey, I'm coming back. I will- I'll never really leave you" I cup his face with my hands"you can't get rid of me that easily" We both chuckle before I kiss him.

"I love you so much" JJ tells me, our lips still slightly pressed together.

"I love you too" I smile. Our kisses quickly heat up as I hop up and wrap my legs around his waist. He pushes me against the car as he starts to trail kisses down my jawline onto my neck. Butterflies go crazy in my stomach. He moves his kisses down to my collar bone nipping at the skin a bit. I run my hands through his hair as he moves his lips back up to mine. He gently swipes his tongue across my lips. I let him in as our kisses heat up even more.

"Guys!" Pope says.

"we need to go" Kie finishes Popes statement. My face flushes red in embarresment. JJ sets me down and hops into the car. I walk over to the driver side where Kie is outside the car looking confused?  

"You good" I ask looking at my brow haired best friend. 

"Yeah, I'll tell you later" She says with a nod. I wink at her before climbing into the backseat next to JJ. He grabs my hand and interlocks it with his. The rest of the ride was... well... akward to say the least. Pope and Kie had some tension between eachother. We rode to the wreck in silence, mine and JJ's hands sitting between us as the moon shown through the window. When we got to the wreck everyone choose a different booth the sleep in. Exept I couldn't sleep. I was way too worried about John b to even think about sleep. After a few minutes of tossing and turning I got up. I crept past everyone and went to the deck. It had a nice view of the water and had some tables for customers to eat at. I sat on one of the tables with my legs on the chairs . I put my elbows on my legs and rested my head in my hands looking out into the water. After a little bit I heard footsteps behind me. JJ came and sat next to me both of us staring out into the water.