Chapter 27- Fugitive

Song

Low

By; Surfaces

Maddi's Pov-

"What are we doing here?" I ask looking into the front where John b is sitting. John b explained that Rafe came and shot peterkin when she tried to arrest ward. Kie drove the van to the police station.

"Someone's got to tell them what happened" John b sighed. 

"Look i'm gonna be honest with you, you might end up in the lions den but you don't go there yourself. That's what my dad always said." JJ told us. Me and him were sitting in the long seat in the back next to eachother. 

"Your old mans an abusive liar" Kie states. JJ flinches at her comment.

"Kie" I warn grabbing JJ's hand he returns with a smile.

"I agree with JJ" Pope coughed out "F*ck the police"

"Dang Pope" I chuckle.

"You going to the dark side now" Kie rolls her eyes.

"Peterkin always looked out for us" John b looks to me. I nod my head.

"I'm going with you" I say sitting up and getting closer to the door.

"NO"

"Like hell you are"

John b and JJ both say at the same time. They look at eachother weirdly after but both agree.

"I'm not letting you do this alone John b" I says strictly. Both of the boys back down as we leave the van.

"You ready" I ask as we stand infront of the door. 

"Hey maddi?" John b turns to me.

"Yeah Johnny" I turn to face him. His brown eyes filled with worry and dread.

"Things might get crazy soon, but just know that i'll always come back for you, Always" My brother tells me. My heart starts to ache. I don't want anything to happen to him. He's my only family left.

"Johnny- what's going to happen?" I ask worry filling my body.

"I don't know, nothing hopefully. But if something does-" I cut him off before he can say anymore.

"Nothings going to happen. I can't loose you too" My eyes start to fill with tears but I manage to keep them in. 

"You won't, You won't loose me maddi" John b reasures me. I quickly pull him in for a hug letting a couple tears escape. 

"I love you Johnny" I smile pulling away.

"I love you too Maddi" He nods. We both face towards the door and take a deep breath. We walk into the door and see a lady sitting at the desk.

"excuse me?" I say to the lady. She looks up at both of us.

"We need to talk to deputy shoupe" John b tells her. They lady nods standing up and going to the back. We sit there and wait until we hear the walkie talkie turn on.

"We have a suspect for the murder of sherrif Peterkin" The Walkie Talkie buzzes. I look over to John b with a confused look on my face. John b Mimmicks the same look 

"what the-" The walkie talkie cuts me off.

"Look out for John Booker Routledge" My heart drops when I hear that. John b grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the bulding.