Chapter 41- Schools out

song-

Feeling whitey

By; Post malone

Maddi's Pov-

Schools out. The last week of school went by fast. Top and I have been spending a lot of time with the group. It feels like we were never apart. Well besides JJ. Although he talks to me now it's still cold. Today was the last day of school and what comes after the last day of school? A party.

The boneyard was packed. Teens crowded around drinking and dancing. My hair was wavy, flowing over my shoulders. I was wearing a bright yellow tube top with some ripped jean shorts. Topper and I walk onto the boneyard side by side. I spot JJ next to the keg... talking to another girl. I take a deep breath before continuing to look around. Kie and Pope are sitting around the fire with a few other people. I see Topper eyeing a girl who I know from school.

"Go talk to her" I nudge him. His eyes go wide and he looks at me.

"What-what are you talking about" He question obviously lying. In the past year i've learned a lot about him. One of those things is that his voice gets higher when he lies. Which is exactly what happened.

"I see you staring at her all the time" I laugh. "Go talk to her now's your chance" I point over to the girl who I learned her name is anna. She was sitting by herself humming along to the music.

"I can't" Topper deadpans.

"Why not?" I question crossing my arms over my chest. "Come on Top don't be a wuss, you got this"

"Really?" He asks. I just nod my head vigorously. The corners of his mouth turned upwards as his eyes lit up.

"Yes now go for it" I shove him. He walks away. After he walks a few feet away he turns back to me. I wink at him before giving him a thumbs up. They hit it off instantly. I smile as they talk before walking around.

I pushed through the crowd to get to the keg. When I get there I see JJ with some girl on his lap. I restrain from rolling my eyes before grabbing a cup. The foamy liquid fills the cup as I look out into the water . The moon reflects onto the waves as they splash onto the surface.

"Excuse me?"a male voice from behind me says. I turn with my cup in my hand. When I turn I see a tall boy looking at me. He has dark brown hair, carmel skin and is atleast 6'1. I had to admit he was really cute.

"Hi?" I say skeptically but with a smile.

"Hey" The boy clears his throat. "I'm ben" He reaches his arm out. I giggle before extending my arm and shaking his hand.

"I'm Maddi" I reply before taking a sip of my beer. The boy was obviously a tourest. His eyes were wide as he looked into the ocean.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He asks nodding over to the ocean.

"Yeah it is"

"do you live here?" Ben asks.

"Yeah a couple miles away" I tell him. We talk for a few more minutes about random stuff as I finish off my drink. JJ and whatever girl he was with were making out a few feet away so I gradually moved away from them. Just as I got to know Ben and was thinking he was a decent person his eyes trailed down to my chest. I shifted uncomfortably crossing my arms over my chest. His eyes shot up to my face before looking behind me. I glanced in the direction he was looking to see a group of teen boys encourging him and making sexual gestures.

"Let's say we get out of here?" He asks in a cocky tone wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I roll my eyes before trying to shrug him off. His grip tightens and I get flashbacks from last year. After what happened I promised never to let anything like that happen again.

"I'm good" I seeth. He chuckles before slurring another sentence out.

"Come on baby you know you want to" His breath reeked of alcohol. I gagged slightly before pushing his arm off of my shoulder.

"I said no" I state plainly with slight force. He grabs my wrist pleading for me to come. I quickly pull him closer and send my knee into his groan. He doubles down putting his hand over his balls. I look around to see everyone else minding their own buisness. JJ was eyeing me but I give him a quick smile to let him know i'm good.

"you b*tch" Ben mumbled. His friends were either in shock or laughing.

"Don't touch me again or you'll earn yourself a free nosejob" I snarl at him as he regains his balance. I turn on my heels and walk away. I look around to see no Kie or Pope. They must've left. I turn to see Topper still with that girl. They look really happy. I sigh knowing now I have to walk home.

The white sand sticks to my feet as I walk down the shoreline. Waves splash up to my ankles as the moon illuminates them. My shoes dangle from my hand as I continue down the beach. If I continue down the ocean it'll lead me to a road that goes straight to my house. I walk far enough away so the party is drowned out by the sounds of the ocean. A crisp breeze brushes past my skin so I wrap my arms around myself for warmth.

"Maddi!" I hear a fimiliar voice shout from behind me. I spin around to see JJ jogging up to me.

"JJ, what are you doing?" I question as he catches up to me.

"I didn't want you to walk home alone" He breathes out. "You know incase you get kidnapped" I let out a chuckle.

"I'm fine, really" I try to convince him turning around and walking. He walks next to me.

"Okay fine, then i'll walk with you so I don't get kidnapped" He jokes. I smile and look out at the water. We walk down the beach in silence. The only sound to be hear is JJ's breathing and the waves crashing against our feet. Thoughts run through my brain as we approach my house. I walk onto my porch taking a deep breath.

"I want to show you something" I say. He looks at me confused as I lead him into the house. We go into dads office. I walk over to the desk and sit down. He hovers over me looking at the table.

"What is it?" He questions.

"It's a map... to where the gold it"

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I feel like it's really bad but I wanted to upload something. Make sure to vote and comment!