12- The 'Talk'

chen's pov:

Everyone left and I was cleaning up when I heard the door shut and my mum sighing loudly. "Chanel?" She called out. I washed my hands and dried them, walking out of the bathroom.

"I'm here." I shout back. She takes a seat at the dinner table and looks at me, waiting for me to sit down. "Nah, I'm good here." I leaned on the kitchen's door frame. "Chanel, why? What made you like this? Did someone brainwash you? I think it's that gay girl Willow. Don't be friends with her, you know better than this." Her eyes teared up.

"Let me just say this once and never again. Mum, I like dick and I like pussy. I am sexually attracted to females and males, alright?" I stood up straight. "That's disgusting to hear, you need to turn to jesus." She says.

"If that's what you want." I nodded and got on my knees to pray. "Hello, sky daddy. Please give me a girlfriend that I can give head to everyday. Amen."

"I don't want you to be like that. I'm trying to process your dad's coming out and the divorce-" A tear slipped down her cheek, but I cut her off "That doesn't mean you have to be homophobic or a bitch to me. These are YOUR problems so don't blame nothing on me or daddy. Deal with them alone." I bit my lip, fighting the urge to cry.

"You don't have to be selfish and make everything about yourself and what you think. This is my life. I didn't choose to be sexually attracted to anyone. I am who I am - also... I think I'm gonna move back to dad's because I seriously can't bear looking at your face." My tears escape but I wipe them away quickly. "I just hate you so much." I said calmly.

"I think not, because I'll send you to a catholic boarding school. You broke my heart just like he did. Deep inside you don't wanna leave me, Chanel. You're not a faggot. It's just a phase-" "STOP CALLING ME A FUCKING FAGGOT. LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LAST TIME!" I rushed over to her shoving my stitched arm in her face.

"What happened-" "YOU HAPPENED! You made me do this, you fucking slag. I swear I'll break my hand by punching you in the face till you pass out if you don't cut it out. I'll fucking kill you, mum. I swear it." I grabbed her by her shirt and threatened her. "You're wiseer and smarter you know what's good for you. You don't wanna do that." She tried to push my hand away. "And you're a waste of oxygen..."

"I do know what's good for me." I nodded, pushing her back onto the chair. "At least I won't be a bad mother like you. You're never meeting my daughter." I spit at her. "Do you know how much I try-" "Well clearly you're failing, so step up and go to therapy. You don't even fucking care about me all you care about is money, you're a gold digger." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Chanel." She got up and hugged me. "You manipulative, bitch." I pushed her away and walked upstairs. "I HATE YOU!" I screamed as I cried on my bed.

I opened my phone and played 'Ocean Eyes'. Billie's voice comforts me. I want to be in her arms right now, she makes me feel so safe. I crawled up my bed and just sat there thinking.

I have to get over it and I know I'll regret it. But how long do I leave for? A month? Two? Yeah, two will be good. I'll have to wait for winter break I guess.

-Time Skip-

"I will be leaving, for 2 months..." I say sadly. Julian and Willow pouted. "Nooo," Billie whined and hugged me. "I don't want to, but I have to." I cry out. "Chanel, you've been crying too much. Let's enjoy the moment together instead of wasting it over crying." Juli says.

"You're right." I say, wiping my tears and smiling. I heard Billie sniff. "Are you crying?" I pull away from her grasp. "Billie, stop you're gonna make us all cry." Willow says with tears in her eyes. "Think of the bright side, I'll be back. You'll come visit me." I held her cheeks and smiled.