Chapter 14: The bet

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr

You hear a loud ringing in your ears for the past 30 seconds

You hear a loud ringing in your ears for the past 30 seconds. You slowly opened your eyes and let them get adjusted to the sunlight that was stinging you. You turned your head to see Irene staring at you.

"I didn't want to leave you alone while you were vulnerable. So I decided to stay and wait till you woke up."

You weren't one to show affection, but what Irene said made your heart soften.

She suddenly blushed and looked away.

"Sorry, probably weirded you out." She said playing with the strands in her hair.

You could clearly tell she was embarrassed.

"Oh no it's okay, Thank you I will be on my way."

You bid your goodbyes and quickly went inside. As you were walking down the hall somebody planted their hand on your shoulder making you flinch and tense up. You turned around to see Hani swatting her lit up hand in every direction. You were flabbergasted. You just lit her hand on fire without even noticing it.

"Hi?" You greeted her in a questionably way.

"What did Irene tell you?" She asked with concern while rubbing her hand to soothe the pain.

"Huh?" You asked confused on why she asked you that.

"I saw you through the windows sitting with her. She doesn't seem like a good person, you shouldn't hang out with her. I'm looking out for you." She had a frown placed on her face.

"You don't get to decide who I should hang out with and who I shouldn't." You said suddenly feeling a bit angry how Hani would assume that.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." She walked away. You were clenching your teeth. You had just met and her and she was already trying to control you.

You shook it off and walked to the cafeteria to wait for the boys. There were a few people in the cafeteria, so it wasn't crowded yet.

"Y/N!"

You turned your head to see Hoseok waving at you while Namjoon was on his phone. You waved back and started walking towards them.

"The others will be here in an hour and a half, do you wanna eat something right now or wait?" Hoseok asked pushing your chair with his leg.

"I'll wait, I had a little snack already."

5 minutes had passed and Hoseok was bored out of his mind.