Chapter 22: My heart

"Baby, I don't care if I get drunk, I'll drink you deep into your throat, a whiskey called you."
                ~Jung Hoseok

You were sitting next to Yoongi awkwardly

You were sitting next to Yoongi awkwardly. You were wiping the left over tears and choking back on a sob. You discretely looked over at Yoongi to see he was looking at you with a calm expression. "So are you going to explain what happened or do I have to get the answer out of Hoseok?"

You were just eyeing the floor, it suddenly became interesting to look at. You felt a nudge on your arm. You looked to the side to see Yoongi nudging you with a can of soda.

'How do I explain this.' You thought to yourself.

"Well let's say Hobi kept something away from me that meant a lot." You grabbed the can and started playing with the top.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is this 'something?'"

You were hesitant to answer him.

"My brother— it's a long story—"

"I have time," he interrupted you. You sighed closing your eyes.

"My brother and I had a pretty close relationship. Until this big argument stirred up between us. I caught him doing some illegal stuff with his powers, and I said some pretty mean words to him. The next day when I entered his room to apologize, all his stuff was gone. He moved out without us knowing and I have no way of contacting him." Your voice cracked.

Yoongi slowly brought his hand to your shoulder. He gave a harsh pat on it. You flinched at the sudden contact. He awkwardly gave you a gummy smile.

"Don't worry, I really didn't have a nice relationship with my family at first. I had a passion for music, which they hated. You have to just let time come naturally. In the end everything will be alright." He played with the strands in his hair.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but you might've said something that actually made sense." You winked at him.

He suddenly looked at you in anger. You covered your mouth and started giggling. Yoongi's furrowed eyebrows slowly started to turn back to its place.

He made you laugh for the first time, instead of annoying you. On the outside he may have looked at you in disgust, but on the inside he was trying to control a smile from displaying on his lips.

He was also trying to control his racing heart.

You were sitting with Jimin listening to the professor lecture about wars and history. As you were staring into space, you felt a tap on your arm. You turned to see Jimin slide you a note.